760kg weight increase ???

aist150

IMO, it's a pity the RAA didn't accept the early amendment to the CAO's when it was offered - instead choosing to wait for CASR part 103. I'm sure by the time part 103 appears ultralights will have been replaced by flying cars.

I believe that it will not happen before April next year at the very least as this is what John McCormick said when he addressed the RAAus Board recently. He has so many more important initiatives on the table at the moment and by him using the April date I gather he wants to have them done by April 2010. I think it is a case of wait and see what happens then.

• 3 weeks later...

Compromise.

An aeroplane 's design is a big compromise already without trying to make it a road vehicle as well. Looks scary to me. How would you know if someone had bumped it in the parking lot. How much extra weight to make it road legal etc etc. Probably does not drive well, probably does not fly well. Not for me in any form,or price.... thank you nev

Abuse, in what way.,? it will always be limited from reaching it's full potential by the reglatories. 'you can't drive that on the road it's a aircraft, then, you can't fly that it's a car'. i saw this at Airventure along with another type under development and the Terrafugia looks great but it will always have a limited following.

It's the Martin jetpack that i want to abuse. ha ha

Yes but, as with anything really, there are always people who don't follow the regulations...

Have you seen the video/picture of the inside? There's normal car controls then also normal flight controls..it looks rather confusing/messy and I think I'd be worried about pushing the wrong control at the wrong time...when you're about to have a road accident, pushing left rudder isn't going to help methinks...

the controls are quiet separate. the stick and pedals fold away out of the reach when driving and visa versa. this has been well thought out and the protoype is flying and driving quite well. if they can keep throwing money at it's developement it could be a practical machine. i rather like the sensors built into the flight componets to let you know if it has been nudged in woolies carpark.

the controls are quiet separate. the stick and pedals fold away out of the reach when driving and visa versa. this has been well thought out and the protoype is flying and driving quite well. if they can keep throwing money at it's developement it could be a practical machine. i rather like the sensors built into the flight componets to let you know if it has been nudged in woolies carpark.

Really? Well that sounds better then, I admit I've only seen videos of it so I'm hardly an expert. I like the sensor thing too, I bet there would be lots of people poking the 'strange machine' in the woolies carpark...

I have to admit I'm tempted one day to tow a Jab to Coles, park it very neatly in a space, then hide and watch people's reactions :big_grin:

Guest Maj Millard

When you talk of Jabs in carparks, it reminds me of the one I saw at an airshow. The owner pilot came back to find a lady had placed her small child in the cockpit...she was walking around outside looking for the coin slot !!!!........................087_sorry.gif.8f9ce404ad3aa941b2729edb25b7c714.gif......not really.

When you talk of Jabs in carparks, it reminds me of the one I saw at an airshow. The owner pilot came back to find a lady had placed her small child in the cockpit...she was walking around outside looking for the coin slot !!!!........................087_sorry.gif.8f9ce404ad3aa941b2729edb25b7c714.gif......not really.

ha ha absolutley priceless!!