This is going to be interesting

Admin

I came across a news story today that will be interesting.

You know how in Emirates aircraft (and some others) you can on the seat back screen the runway view looking ahead of the aircraft or looking down? Now they are talking about having a view looking at the pilots and what they are seeing.

Read it here:

http://www.recreationalflying.com/forum/aviation-news/48864-watch-pilot.html

By the way, I hope you are enjoying all the news stories that are continually being added to the News Reader on all types of aviation

Now they are talking about having a view looking at the pilots and what they are seeing.

Might be a bit of a worry to some people.

Back a few years ago when we were alowed to go and have a look in the cockpit, I was on an interstate flight and took my 4 year old grand daughter to show her what the pilots did up there and when we got back to our seats she asked in a loud voice, " Grandad who`s flying the aeroplane,their not doing anything".006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Frank. 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

That would be awesome!:thumb_up:

Although I can just imagine, in the rare situation both pilots are incapacitated and they need someone to fly, some knob going "I can do it, I've watched the pilots do it hundreds of times!":raise_eyebrow:

Not sure if the pilots would like it though. I was visiting a 747 cockpit once when the hostie handed one of the pilots his coffee over the centre console. I asked him what would have happened if the coffee had spilt (knowing full well the answer - I'm an electronics engineer). He just said "Yeah, we're supposed to pass it around the outside".

It'd only take one geek on board to sit and watch for 24 hours for them to do something 'wrong' so he could put in a complaint. 040_nerd.gif.a6a4f823734c8b20ed33654968aaa347.gif

BTW Ian, news doesn't seem to work in google chrome.

Thanks Mate...that's one browser I didn't check the code with...will have to look into it and do some changes and testing - thanks again!