That urge... that desire just to go........

Tomo

....... Flying!

Have you ever been working out in the paddock (office to I guess!) and you look up at the weather and its absolutely awesome, you know... just a light breath of wind, High, fine weather cumulus clouds, clear as crystal visibility, and just thought I gotta go flying in that!??

The weather has been pretty sad around here lately, so I just couldn't resist the urge, (fortunately it was my day off!) to go flying... So I did! went and picked up the drifter and took up Mum, and a brother later this afternoon, in the beautiful smoooooth air, Was Spectacular!

So I have the drifter for the night, and will give a few more rides tomorrow before work! Worth waking up when you have an aeroplane only 150mtrs away in the shed!:thumb_up:

So tell us if you've just had to drop whatever you were doing and just "Go flying"? :thumb_up:

So I have the drifter for the night, and will give a few more rides tomorrow before work! Worth waking up when you have an aeroplane only 150mtrs away in the shed!:thumb_up:

You get why I hate you right? ;)

lucky bugger I go sulk now ...

Guest Brett Campany
You get why I hate you right? ;)lucky bugger I go sulk now ...

x 2!!!

Cheeky bugger! hahahaha You're a lucky bloke Tomo!

Lucky bastard!!

Last few days have been beautiful for flying, and I had a couple of lessons booked, really looking forward to nice, calm, cloudless skies after a few cancelled lessons due to bad weather..

And then my instructor goes and gets sick on me! So I spent my days looking up at the lucky buggers flying overhead to Moorabbin or north to Kilmore Gap!

Damn 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

....... Flying! So tell us if you've just had to drop whatever you were doing and just "Go flying"? :thumb_up:

Tomo,I`ve had the privilage to have been able to do that for the last 23 years, on a regular basis,I`d go past the shed,jump off the tractor,into the aircraft and go up for a while.

I`ve still got the bug, bad, and fly on average,twice a week,there`s something very special about being able to fly when you feel like it,weather permiting,and taking someone else up with you,who enjoys it as well.

Cheers,

Frank.002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

I had exactly that urge today. Awesome weather, nay a cloud in the sky but I had to work. I did drive past the airport though, to see if there were any souls more fortunate than I passing through. Windsock looked like a parramatta supporter leaving the grand final... 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif

Mmm, sorry about causing the jealousy! but I couldn't help it!:big_grin: And yes I agree, I'm very fortunate to have an airstrip so close by, and a neighbour just as equally happy to let me use it!:thumb_up:

Just so you can get even more jealous, here are a few picture that my brother took, and you'll see why I couldn't resist the temptation!

[ATTACH]8938.vB[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]8936.vB[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]8937.vB[/ATTACH]

Anyway, I'm wasting daylight! lets go flying....!002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

DSC01670.jpg.815b528c9f1294e6668903c627e1ddc2.jpg

DSC01687.jpg.80dd7c61d8e9f78037636bf00989c079.jpg

DSC01704.jpg.39308918ff799470086f714f19fabe11.jpg

Plenty of those moments, particularly on days when I'm working from home with the airfield 5 minute drive away. Nothing better than ending a hectic day or week with a late afternoon flight...which are normally an aerobatic session for me...ironically I find it the best way to relax. Unfortunately for the past 2 months the CT4 has been out of action getting the top end overhauled and there's been many a day in that time when the sky was just asking for it...only a couple more sleeps till she's back in the air though, then I'll be back out there!

Guest Maj Millard

Tomo you had better get an aeroplane...there are oing to LOTS of days like that on the downs when things mellow out !!

Hey Maj,

Indeed I did, thanks. I have actually been taught to do that (and do attempt to) but it's just a matter of trying to remember everything it once...so much to remember, so little time!

I think I'm going to keep missing one thing as I try to correct everything else but one day it will all fall into place :) I'll try to remember to do it when/if I go up this arvo though

Guest Maj Millard

Yes, just a matter of relaxing really and enjoying it, then it will all fall into place. As the late Bill Starke used to say: "You do whatever you have to at the time !"

Had the urge? Hell yeah! As a contractor I could just go out and have a fly however I then don't get paid, it would take nearly two hours just to get to the airfield from work. I haven't saved a cent in my life so work comes first. Sob :-(

The weekends won't know what hit them over the next few months though :-)

I went flying this arvo (wouldn't say it was my best lesson ever though) but when I left I got about a minute (or less) away from the airport, realised that I wouldn't be flying again until next Wednesday and got slightly depressed...

I swear there should be a warning that aviation is addictive!

Hi tomo, i find it fantasic, for you young fellows, to live your dream. (i m only 39 and had my first flight at 17, but ive had had BIG breaks during my flying journey, longest beind 7 years),. Anyway enjoy, i fly every second weekend and have only had to councel a flight once in the last 15 months which was weather related. we have it good in SE qld i reckon. Cheers buddy