Offical Bumper Sticker Thread

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Momentarily heading back to the stickers...

I've found a way of getting us all personalised stickers. I know of someone who prints large stickers/artwork for truck sides and such who charges by the metre. If we tile all the individual sticker artwork, he can print it and cut it all up with his machine. This sounds like the easiest and cheapest way to get individualised stickers if people want them.

Need to wait for Slarti's help with artwork etc first though :) (hope you don't mind Slarti...I promise to not call your Cheetah orange and spotty anymore :big_grin:)

Guest Maj Millard

Well it looks orange and spotty to me !

PUD, next time you take an Avatar photo can you put on a pair of rayban Aviators please, your constant stare is starting to unsettle me a bit...............................:stirring pot:

Guest Maj Millard

A bit of history on the old 'Bans for you. The 'aviator' frames and original G5 lenses (green) were invented for aircrew flying in the 'new' high altitude (for the time) B-29 bomber, during WW2. The glair at the higher altitude needed addressing. In the 80s I flew in California with an old ex-B29 crewman, by name of Jack Chapman. He had his original issue B-29 Raybans, with the green G5 lenses, and he would fly in them. I so wanted them !. I wonder if the guys flying the Enola Gay over Hiroshima had the bans' on ?....Unfortunatly I have noticed that most of the current US 'Jet jockeys' seem to now have a preference for Randolphs sunnies instead, which look pretty cool also......................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

So have you got a pair of 'bans now Maj? (green or not)

Mine are mirrored (which means I need to clean them pretty much every time I wear them 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif)

Just realised these posts are rather against Ian's recent plea to make a vague attempt to stay on topic 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Just realised these posts are rather against Ian's recent plea to make a vague attempt to stay on topic 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

We can breath easier now Qwerty, It's not only us 021_nod.gif.30c66a33e1ed960b5b5d3fc7b345b58d.gif ;)

Guest Maj Millard

Sure do, been flying with them for years, and they still are the best. I tried to post a photo of me wearing them, but you-know-who has been messing with my photos file again hasn't she ?

:Disappointed:033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif

Aviators?.... Sorry

PUD, next time you take an Avatar photo can you put on a pair of rayban Aviators please, your constant stare is starting to unsettle me a bit...............................:stirring pot:

Sorry Maj but no Aviators - will Red Bull Air Race sunnies do? Sorry they don't cover more of this ugly moosh:sorry:

Check out the new avatar and the logo on the T-shirt. Where's your logo huh? Huh?

Now too stay on topic sort of: My cap in the avatar is a Grace Collection model AH230 and is one of the few I've found that fits so it would be good to get something similar from my perspective Darky.

Pud (in the shades):rilla:

Well it looks orange and spotty to me !PUD, next time you take an Avatar photo can you put on a pair of rayban Aviators please, your constant stare is starting to unsettle me a bit...............................:stirring pot:

Pud

PLEASE put your old avatar back up....the sunnies and hat are too creepy. Tell Maj to take a flying leap, stare at him, he deserves it anyway.:thumb_up: na_na.gif.fad5d8f0b336d92dbd4b3819d01d62e5.gif

VOTE 1 for staring at Maj.

We can breath easier now Qwerty, It's not only us 021_nod.gif.30c66a33e1ed960b5b5d3fc7b345b58d.gif ;)

He was only joking, no-one really expects a thread to stay on topic for more than 3 posts.:stirring pot:

Qwerty.002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it's been a while since I updated y'all.

Hats: I've chatted to studentbiggles who chatted to someone else who is now organising the caps with Ian (as far as I know anyway). I'll PM Ian and see what's going on with those :)

Stickers: I've found a place where they print things and charge by the metre - so what happens is we tile whatever artwork we have (personalised or not) and he prints them all together, chops it up into individual pieces for us and charges us by how many metres of stuff we used up. Haven't got a quote about how much it would cost yet though.

The actual sticker artwork hasn't been designed yet, I'm going to PM Slarti to see if he might help me out with that (you don't want me doing it, it'll look hideous).

So, basically, I need to do some PM-ing it seems...

I hope you don't think I'm cracking the whip Darky 'cos I'm not!! Just was curious as to where we are at with it all. I realise and appreciate the effort you put in on this is voluntary - thank you.

No worries Pud, I've been slacking on it a bit so I needed to get on with it again :)

Just realised I've passed 600 posts, I'll be at 1000 before I know it at this rate!

I think you been here half the time I have and you have double the posts - well done:clap:

I nearly jumped out of my skin one day when I saw how many posts I'd done.... I've only been here a little more than 12 months!! 036_faint.gif.544c913aae3989c0f13fd9d3b82e4e2c.gif

I nearly jumped out of my skin one day when I saw how many posts I'd done.... I've only been here a little more than 12 months!! 036_faint.gif.544c913aae3989c0f13fd9d3b82e4e2c.gif

All you young guys.... Don't you have anything better to do than lurk around forums with crusty ol' buggars like me? Now don't take this as a hint to go away 'cos I like reading your exploits:thumb_up:

Pud

It's always the quality - not the quantity, that counts.

I hope I have more quality than ...... yeah, you get the drift... keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif

Don't worry Bryon, what cheek? :ah_oh: