Natfly news

cazza

Hello airmen,

Only 6 more weeks to Natfly. Dick Smith is DEFINITELY coming this year to give a session on his exploits and present scholarships to worthy recipients.

Camping:

There are heaps of campsites available on the field. No powered ones, but plenty of space for unpowered campervans and campers. dNew shower and toilet blocks are going in. THere will be more than 20 showers and toilets. There are also a dozen powered sites in the town

caravan park (less than 5 minutes away from the airfield).

Ring Natalie on 0418780251.

HomeStay,

Plenty of home stay available. If you haven't tried it, you should. Generally an old couple with plenty of bed rooms cause the kids have left the nest. THey are always quiet, clean, and cheap.

Program looks fantastic. Come and join us.

Carol Richards

SAAA, ASRA and the Powered Parachutes will be on the field in force.

Hi Carol,

Sounds great ... looking fwd to this event.

Whats the situation regarding food if I camp on the field... I'm trying to keep my weight down, in the Jab that is ... I'm another story, but we wont go there :-)

Cheers

Jack

Hi Veverjg,

Here's the latest info on the food.

FOOD ON THE AIRPARK<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Tuesday – Thursday<o:p></o:p>

Aeroclub will be providing breakfast and lunch for airmen who come early. Bus into town<o:p></o:p>

for dinner or perhaps a BBQ at the airfield.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

Friday and Saturday<o:p></o:p>

There will be plenty of choices for food during the day. Three vendors on the aeroclub apron and three vendors at the Museum food court will be operational from 6am with bacon and egg rolls, coffee, pastries, fresh sandwiches, steak and sausage sandwiches, cold drinks and continuing until 4:00pm.<o:p></o:p>

FRIDAY NIGHT TUCKER<o:p></o:p>

A sit-down roast dinner will be available from 6:30-8:00 at the Aeroclub for a cost of $20. Patrons should buy a ticket for this dinner as places are limited. For those who do not wish to have a full dinner, fish and chips will be available. Natflyers can also head into Temora. Shuttle bus will be running. Details of open eateries will be found in the Council Information Hangar.<o:p></o:p>

SATURDAY NIGHT TUCKER<o:p></o:p>

Hot lamb rolls with condiments will be available at the Aeroclub for those who wish to stay on the airpark at a cost of $7. Most pubs and restaurants will be open in Temora for those who wish a more substantial meal. Details are found in the Council Information Hangar. The traditional Saturday Natfly Dinner will be held at the Ex-Services club. A bus will be available for patrons.<o:p></o:p>

Morning all,

About Fuel....

If you are flying to YTEM for Natfly, there is fuel at Narromine, Forbes, Griffith, Narranderra so you can top up before you arrive. There will be plenty of fuel at Temora, at its normal price - NOT jacked up for Natfly. To access this fuel, you need a master card or visa card WITH A PIN NUMBER. It does NOT take carnet cards.

If you don't have a pin number, cash will do. Or we can use our fuel card and you can pay us with VISA or Master Card. It's a bit more work and time, but we have the technology.

We will also have a MOGAS Express, a ute that will take mogas flyers and their fuel containers into town and back.

That's the latest.

Cheers, Cazza

Dear Carol,

Thanks for the information.

As a Rotax owner I am very interested in the mogas situation. Do we need to have our own fuel containers or will the RAA tent supply them as they did in Narromine or will the ute have them for us?

A few of us pondered this problem last year and we wondered if an organisation like the local scouts would like to run people in and out for a donation. It would be a nice way to make a bob and to be involved in Natfly. Scouting has a strong affinity with flying as I'm sure you know.

Tried to suggest something like this to the RAA man in the tent last year but was met with a resistance that struck us as quite strange.

Also Carol, if containers can be supplied (hired) could steps and funnels be available too? I think most people would be happy to make a donation for the peace of mind.

Looking forward to seeing you again in April.

Mark D

Hi Mark,

Scouts sound good, but I've organised the Board Members to do this run. I'll chase the scouts next year.

We will have two 20 litre containers and one 10 litre container that can be borrowed for this purpose. They will be available from RA-Aus HQ. You leave your license as collateral.

Thanks for the suggestion about the steps and funnel. Consider it done!!

Cheers, Carol

Hi Veverjg,Here's the latest info on the food.

FOOD ON THE AIRPARK<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Tuesday – Thursday<o:p></o:p>

Aeroclub will be providing breakfast and lunch for airmen who come early. Bus into town<o:p></o:p>

for dinner or perhaps a BBQ at the airfield.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Friday and Saturday<o:p></o:p>

There will be plenty of choices for food during the day. Three vendors on the aeroclub apron and three vendors at the Museum food court will be operational from 6am with bacon and egg rolls, coffee, pastries, fresh sandwiches, steak and sausage sandwiches, cold drinks and continuing until 4:00pm.<o:p></o:p>

FRIDAY NIGHT TUCKER<o:p></o:p>

A sit-down roast dinner will be available from 6:30-8:00 at the Aeroclub for a cost of $20. Patrons should buy a ticket for this dinner as places are limited. For those who do not wish to have a full dinner, fish and chips will be available. Natflyers can also head into Temora. Shuttle bus will be running. Details of open eateries will be found in the Council Information Hangar.<o:p></o:p>

SATURDAY NIGHT TUCKER<o:p></o:p>

Hot lamb rolls with condiments will be available at the Aeroclub for those who wish to stay on the airpark at a cost of $7. Most pubs and restaurants will be open in Temora for those who wish a more substantial meal. Details are found in the Council Information Hangar. The traditional Saturday Natfly Dinner will be held at the Ex-Services club. A bus will be available for patrons.<o:p></o:p>

Boy Carol,

If the weather is good and a great rollup is the result, the AeroClub will have a heap of people to feed and seat each night.

You certainly won't fit them all into the Club house and that usual BBQ won't handle the load.

Hope you have plenty of tables, seating space, volunteers and cooking space.

But I'm sure you are on top of it, based on what you would have seen that it took to feed the multitude each evening at Narromine. (And I reckon you will get more attendees to Temora if the weather is kind)

Regards Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Hopefully the Aero club won't have to feed EVERYONE. As there is a shuttle bus into town and lots of eateries will be open there, we are hoping people also take the

opportunity to try out some of Temora's famous hospitality/ Bit we might need a hand with the cooking. Are you free?

Caz

Hi Geoff,Hopefully the Aero club won't have to feed EVERYONE. As there is a shuttle bus into town and lots of eateries will be open there, we are hoping people also take the

opportunity to try out some of Temora's famous hospitality/ Bit we might need a hand with the cooking. Are you free?

Caz

No worries Carol,

I would be pleased and honoured to help out. But each time I have been to Temora when the Club has been cooking, your guys have been fairly possessive of their BBQ, so wouldn't want to get my hand cut off and my tongs wrapped around my neck.

My observation at Narromine & Cowra (and my own preference) is that most attendees just want to hang around the airport talking aviation, looking at the aircraft, have a drink and chat with their mates and the few guys we only see once or twice a year.

At Cowra, Slarti, JR Mobile and I had a great time having a chat and attending the SAAA's Aviation Trivia Night on the Friday and never left the field for the weekend.

My judgement is that the majority of those that flew into Narromine over recent years never went into town and your downtown area would be about the same distance as theirs.

Perhaps any others who are regulars at Natfly might comment here to give you some more guidance on this.

Hope this helps.

Geoff

Geoff,

You are right about Narromine. I have been to the last two Natflies and as we camped under wing and had our choice of two great dining rooms (and bars) we never left the airfield. Because Temora is so handy for us and we didn't know if we were allowed to camp with our planes we decided to book accommodation in town. Couldn't do this in Narromine as if the weather prevented flying we would have forfeited our dough - Temora we will drive if the weather lets us down.

Once we see the set up we can then decide the best thing for the future.

Whatever we do it will be a great weekend if the Temora hospitality we experienced at a flying weekend is anything to go by.

Mark D

PS Thanks Carol!

Carol,

Just one other point.

Do you know whether there is any intention of running a Human Factors Course during one of the Natfly days, or on the Thursday?

Regards Geoff

Ohhh ....... and I 2nd Mark's PS.

Hi again Geoff and Mark,

Thanks for the vote of confidence. We won't be able to feed thousands on the airfield at night, but we can make 400 by seating people in the Bellman and by serving a roast dinner on Friday cafeteria style. We will also have the fish and chips people here. But we don't have the extensive catering facility that Narromine did, but people tell me, Narromine was also a tent city in the early days. I think Temora council has plans to build a large multi-purpose (food and auditorium) facility, but we won't have it for this year. That's why I hope some airmen will try the town eateries this year. Non the less, I am doing the best I can and will personally cook dinner for anyone who wants to stay at the airfield but missed out on the roast.

No human factors this year at Natfly - too much else going on. Have you lads looked at the program? I put it up earlier in the RAA area. I think you will enjoy it.

Cazza

At Cowra, Slarti, JR Mobile and I had a great time having a chat and attending the SAAA's Aviation Trivia Night on the Friday and never left the field for the weekend.

I had to drink our winnings too (after I got home obviously) because I couldn't find you next day. I owe you and John some wine.

The organisation is sounding top notch Carol. Well done. I'm really looking forward to this year's event. I usually stay around the airfield, but if I have to ride a free shuttle to forage wider afield, I will happily do so. It's good to spread the wealth around the town too.

This is my first one flying in, as last year I drove to Narromine (ground support and luggage transport vehicle) (bloody long way but worth it)

Do I need to book a place in the underwing camping area or do I just rock up?

Cheers

Bryon

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lads,

Sorry I have taken so long to answer your questions, I've been out of town working.

Things are going well and hectic, as you can imagine. You don't need to book for underwing camping, just rock up and we will direct you to a nice position, pretty close to amenities. Still working on making sure that there are plenty of food vendors and all the hungry, thirsty airmen (and ladies) are well catered for. Am thrilled you will be here on Tues, James, we will need you to direct traffic, I'm sure.

Cazza

Hi Cazza,

Thanks for the feedback on my earlier post about food availability.... sounds more than enough catering.

I was just wonder how the event agenda is looking in terms of lectures/activities for dates and times? ... I saw draft I think you (?) posted some time ago.

Cheers

Jack

I read that there will be Mogas transport, is that to fetch fuel from town.or will it be brought to the airfield? .Will there be containers for rent or borrow? I dont really want to take 2 x 25ltr containers with me...even one will limit my baggage more than I want....Any ideas?...Thanks , Geoff.....................Just read the first page..oops silly me....