First helicopter solo - what a feeling!

Guest Brett Campany

WOW Brett, I bet you were on a high and full of adrenaline for a long time after that. Incredible stuff and thanks for posting it here. I'm actually sweating from the exertion of those landings and hovers:laugh:

Congratulations,

Pud

Guest Brett Campany

Thanks guys!! Yes the feeling is awesome for sure!

Before I started I didn't have a lot of faith in the R-22 but it's just such a fun machine and very capable as well.

Will definatly get some more video in the near future before the weather starts a downhill turn for the worse!

Guest Brett Campany
Well done Brett, great to watch ... how long did it take for you to go solo?Cheers

Jack

it took 38 hours in total, I had some initial issues with autorotations but I've got them down pat now. Apparently I'm still ahead of the game so fingers crossed I'll have it all done within 115 to 120 hours.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Brett Campany

Did my area solo last week and also knocked over some confined area landings, so much fun and one hell of a challenge! Going to try and set up a camera for the next session of area solo and confined areas.

Did my area solo last week and also knocked over some confined area landings, so much fun and one hell of a challenge! Going to try and set up a camera for the next session of area solo and confined areas.

Goodonyabrett,

Looking forward to the video.

Pud

• 1 year later...

So it's been about.... 18 months since I posted anything about my flying experiences. So here goes.

So here's some general R-22 flying

http://youtu.be/9galU9zzZjU

And here's some of my low level endorsement

http://youtu.be/JLHxi3Pt3oE

Then on the 18th of July 2011 I passed my Commercial Helicopter flight test so yesterday I took some friends of mine to Rottnest Island for lunch

http://youtu.be/ztdGk8RgAR8

Thought I better drop in and say g'day. I'm still current with my RAAus flying and will be getting out and about in a few fixed wing aircraft this summer as well but my preference is always going to be the R-44 until I get endorsed in something bigger.

Hope everyone here is well and you've all been flying heaps while I've been away!

No doubt I'll talk to you very soon!

Brett

Hey Ian, cheers mate. No longer at Coastwatch or SAR, now working for Bristow Helicopters on Barrow Island as ground crew. It's not to bad, 15 days on, 13 days off, gives me the chance to do a lot more flying!

Hey Ian, cheers mate. No longer at Coastwatch or SAR, now working for Bristow Helicopters on Barrow Island as ground crew. It's not to bad, 15 days on, 13 days off, gives me the chance to do a lot more flying!

Sounds like my dream job... you lucky bugger!