Pacific Flyer Monthly Photo Competition - April 2010

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cloudsuck

Great shots OZ, your mate has done very well. I can see the reflection of the camera in the spinner. Would love to know shutter speed and aperture etc.

Would love to know shutter speed

Well, considering Oz had to hold his beer... that could indicate the shutter speed must have been reasonably quick!! 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Guest Cloudsuck

That is a sexy Jabbi, Ballpoint. Looks just like it did when I overtook it west of Evans Head ;) And you still beat me onto the ground thanks to some tosser in a Bonanza doing 747 CCTs. When are you coming back to Boonah?

Hey suck - Tomo has the credit for the photo's- I'm pathetic! I'd planned a trip to Tomo's and Boonah return this weekend but weathers popped it's head again. I've got 2 long weekends coming up but we're taking the trikes to Inglewood May day w'end- if I take the Jab instead I'll drop in then- how's it all going?

Guest Cloudsuck
Hey suck - Tomo has the credit for the photo's- I'm pathetic! I'd planned a trip to Tomo's and Boonah return this weekend but weathers popped it's head again. I've got 2 long weekends coming up but we're taking the trikes to Inglewood May day w'end- if I take the Jab instead I'll drop in then- how's it all going?

Oh well we will see you at Inglewood. All of the Boonah crew will be there as usual. I think I am working that weekend but can feel some swine flu coming on ;). Would hate to go to work and infect everyone. I haven't missed an inglewood yet.

More from Melton: VH-TMQ about to touch down after its display.

Wonderful shot Philthy.

Colour shots are great and have their place, but so do black and white, and better suited to an aircraft of this era, as you obviously realised.

Well done mate!

Brings back memories of when I used to charter a DC3 to fly a crowd from the British Sub- Aqua Club from nearby Biggin Hill in the UK to Ostend in Belgium where we used to spend a weekend in Brugge. It certainly beat a 2hrs plus drive to go on an old Aviation Traders ATL98 (DC4 conversion) car carrier, and worked out not only cheaper, but the pilot was waiting for us if we spent longer than planned in the local bars.

Rgds

Planey

They're all great shots Matt.

Seeing Parrot 74 gives me goose-bumps.

Should have bought it from you a couple of years ago, but on reflection, have enjoyed eating since that time.

Great to see that it still gives you so much pleasure.

Rgds

Planey.

A couple of more happy snaps

Images of one of the newest SNJ Harvards after extensive restoration

It was a fantastic experience.011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif The camera ship was another SNJ Harvard.:thumb_up::thumb_up::thumb_up:

Regards

Scott

Thanks very much indeed Matt and Philthy

The SNJ is indeed a nice Aircraft.

I found out that the red highlight around the Star and Bars on the naval aircraft was used on the aircraft for a short period of only a few weeks and was replaced with the standard star and bars during the year 1942

regards

Scott

this is how the today ended at Elderslie, adding a bit of fuel to the Caravan watching a perfect sunset.

Great job Ozzie, Maj is on his way....! he stopped by for lunch and fuel today.