QED Aircraft Parts and Hardware

ENTRY-LEVEL HEADSET AT AN ENTRY-LEVEL PRICE

Are you just getting into flying and are becoming overcome by the cost of things you have to buy to get started?

Here's a money saver for you - a noise reducing headset with boom mike for $135.00 (+GST and Postage).

Check the price elsewhere - You'll save at this price

The Flightcom 4DX-C has a wide headpad to spread the 16.9 oz weight for greater comfort. The liquid/foam ear seals reduce noise are fit comfortably over the ears.

The position of the noise cancelling mike can be adjusted with fingertip control.

This headset is just the thing to get you kitted up for your first 100 hours of flying experience.

Already got a $400 headset? What about a your passenger?

Operating a flying school? These are just the thing for everyone's use.

Old Man Emu4DX.jpg.908be4913931b0309493c268de7613cc.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's happening? Has everyone put up their tools for the winter?

It's getting near the end of the Financial Year, so I'm in the mood to deal.

10% OFF LIST PRICE ON ALL ORDERS FROM NOW UNTIL 30 JUNE.

OME

No I got to get my bum into gear and get some wire from you will do an order in a day or so ...a question when painting etch prime you need to scotchbrite the alu first so I am told...other than by hand do you know any other easier way?

Mark

No I got to get my bum into gear and get some wire from you will do an order in a day or so ...a question when painting etch prime you need to scotchbrite the alu first so I am told...other than by hand do you know any other easier way?Mark

Hi Mark l use a small orbital sander the scotchbrites fit in it good ,then wash it all in prep wash then use wattle super etch primer have had great results.

I have been looking today for the scotchbrites they are not that common around here. I found some 125mm ones that have the hook and loop method of attachment late today but need to get a orbital sander a round one I take it that you used. The only one I have here is a rectangular one so might have to take a trip to bunnings and get a cheapie...I prices a "cheap" 3M one today..about $250 for the air ones. I have the wattle super etch and also the primer and want to get the firewall and inside front of the cockpit and firewall etched and primed and the outer firewall painted so I can add the rest of the parts on there and then install the noseleg

Mark

I have been looking today for the scotchbrites they are not that common around here. I found some 125mm ones that have the hook and loop method of attachment late today but need to get a orbital sander a round one I take it that you used. The only one I have here is a rectangular one so might have to take a trip to bunnings and get a cheapie...I prices a "cheap" 3M one today..about $250 for the air ones. I have the wattle super etch and also the primer and want to get the firewall and inside front of the cockpit and firewall etched and primed and the outer firewall painted so I can add the rest of the parts on there and then install the noselegMark

Hi Again Mark my orbital sander is a makita model 04550 got it on ebay few years ago paid $30.00 the scotchbrites l use are the green ones and they are 130x90 the sander is 110 x100 they lock in well l have use it on five aircraft l have built and is still going strong.

ps check ebay there are some on there at the moment.

• 1 month later...

HEY, Mister! How you like good screw?

I've got heaps of structural and non-structural screws, all aircraft quality. I want to get rid of them.

Even if you don't use them on an aircraft, they're a lot better and cheaper that the chinee stuff you'll get from Bunnings. Tell me you are interested and I'll make up a mixed bag.

Guarantee happy ending for you!

OME

Screw of Bolts?...what type of heads and type of material?

Screws: Structural and Non-Structural; Washer Head, Truss Head, 100' Countersunk, Pan Head, Alloy Steel, Stainless, Brass, Cadmium plated, Black Oxide plated.

Bolts: AN bolts; NAS 62 {}{}, NAS66 {}{}

Washers, AN970, NAS1149, MS35333

See my earlier post that has my inventory (Post #45)

OME

• 5 months later...

Ian said I can resurrect this thread until such times as he has the "Talk to the Suppliers" bit of the site up and running.

I've still got heaps of certified hardware for your build or regular maintenance. I don't handle chromoly sheet or tube, or aluminium sheet or tube, but I can track down and source anything else you need.

I have a few copies of the MechanicsToolbox for immediate delivery. This CD is a must for anyone building or maintaining aircraft.

I can also supply a digital copy of the book that I call my "Hardware Bible". It is full of information on the sizing of hardware and how to describe an item using the AN, MS and NAS naming systems. It has Cross Reference tables to show what superceded part numbers have become. It also provides information on the materials hardware is made from, and the various finishes it comes in. This CD is a gift at $5, which covers my postage costs.

My pricing policy is that I'll sell stuff to you at a price I'd be happy to pay myself.

So send me a PM from this site, or email me at [email protected]

Old Man Emu

• 4 months later...