Decca.

facthunter

Ya know something guys, when we all finally arrive at that big airport in the sky - you know, the one with no landing fees and the fuel is free - betcha Derek is at the front desk helping everyone check in - just like he did on these forums.

regards

PS - a miracle just happened - our mate is pain free and flying everywhere.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I never had the privilege of meeting Decca I conversed with him via PM's and chat.

A true gentleman, and he will be sadly missed - blue skies and fair winds Derek!

Ya know something guys, when we all finally arrive at that big airport in the sky - you know, the one with no landing fees and the fuel is free - betcha Derek is at the front desk helping everyone check in - just like he did on these forums.regards

They're lovely words BigPete, i'm so sorry funds won't allow me to drive down from Sydney to say my final farewell, but you can bet your bottom dollar, i'll sure as hell be wishing I was there.

Thanks for being a good mate to one of a kind, and bringing happiness to him taking him to Temora. I know you already have your reward in the form of memories, for your kindness.

Kind Regards

planey

Ya know something guys, when we all finally arrive at that big airport in the sky - you know, the one with no landing fees and the fuel is free - betcha Derek is at the front desk helping everyone check in - just like he did on these forums.regards

Imagine that...at the pearly gates stands a man dressed in white, a spiky little white beard saying as you approach him..."Hi there...welcome to our home, you will find we are a friendly bunch here...tell us about..."

at the pearly gates stands a man dressed in white' date=' a spiky little white beard saying as you approach him..."Hi there...welcome to our home, you will find we are a friendly bunch here...tell us about...[/quote']St Peter approaches that man later, taps him on the shoulder and says "Hey there, you're pretty good at this. Have you done this type of thing before?"

I'm so sad that I was in Melbourne last weekend and wanted to make a trip out to see him, but had to babysit my grandkids. So regreting that I did'nt make more effortcrying.gif.

I don't think Decca would of had it any other way. He jumped at every chance he had to spend time with his.

I never met him, but we conversed via email way back. I hadn't realised that he had the cancer back. Now I feel sorry that I had not kept in touch with him, he will be missed and my thoughts go to his friends and family.

I've just got back from attending Decca's funeral - about 130 people and it was great to hear about Decca's life from his family and closest of friends.

Didn't know this but Decca actually took redundancy from Ansett not once but twice...but that is a long story. Saw a lot of pictures from his Ansett days and heard a story from his kids that when he went on a driving holiday they got lost. They said he ended up getting directions from every vineyard that was around 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif