Showing off kills two

Admin

I feel for his wife and father. History is full of incidents like this and as we know history continues to repeat itself over and over again.

Guest davidh10

This was obviously an accident looking for a place to happen!

In these sorts of cases, where it is a long standing pattern of illegal and poor behaviour, it amazes me that he was not reported to the authorities. It is just astounding that the aerodrome "line chief" observed this dangerous and illegal activity occurring at his aerodrome and apparently did nothing about it. Not only was the subject pilot a danger to himself and his Pax, but also to everyone else in the area.

I'm all for low level aerobatics, and hope to be able to do them myself one day. Many times at Toowoomba years ago I was lucky enough to watch the Aerotec aircraft being put through their paces. But this guy was obviously a loose cannon. With such a small amount of experience on type, and carrying a passenger? If you want to give wild joyrides, do it above 3000', in a designated aero box.

They don't seem to understand the "physics" applying to the situation they put themselves in, otherwise they would not do it. Does it go Back to the training? You're probably dealing with a personality here who wouldn't be told anything. Almost predestined to die. Pity someone else goes with him. Nev

I watched gone in 60 seconds a few days ago.Lucky no body died.But there was a bloke flying as Quicksilver MX.It was Just about full on night time. He swooped over a carnival, or speed way or something.He was only about 70 0r 80 feet high.He pulled into a tight turn, turned into a classic stall/spin.He was so close the the ground that the incipent spin stage didnt realy get going.He hit the ground, before that happened. The wreckage hit a lady, she broke her shoulder.Old mate was still in the wreckage, I think the crowd where going to tear him a new backside. He kept on saying."I was just flying to inspect my cows". He was arrested for Drink Driving.Or maybe that should be Drink Flying. I searched the net but couldnt find the video of it.

He had more issues than no altitude. Pity someone had to go with him, which is usually the cause for showing off - no fun in showing off to yourself! compress.gif.fe2f1703f181408c4947cc1d378facee.gif

Guest davidh10
... You're probably dealing with a personality here who wouldn't be told anything. Almost predestined to die...

Yep. Like one of the fatal accidents in Oz during the year where the story goes along the lines of student had 2 or 3 lessons and figured he knew better than the instructor... They parted company and next thing he was in the news. Fortunately, didn't take anyone with him.