P92 Eaglet question

GAFA

All the stuff on the Tecnam web site says they have toe brakes and all bar 2 of the flight reviews I've found also say toe brakes. The 2 reviews I found were from here in Australia and they said toe brakes were optional hence the question.

All the stuff on the Tecnam web site says they have toe brakes and all bar 2 of the flight reviews I've found also say toe brakes. The 2 reviews I found were from here in Australia and they said toe brakes were optional hence the question.

The P92 Super echo, The P96 Golf And the P92 Eaglet I have flown have all had a hand brake set up. Toe brakes would be good, I guess the option is popular.

So would I, coming from GA/Airlines background.

There's one close by that I was thinking of going out and get checked out in. I might go out to the airport and have a look. I think the rego is 24-7600.

So would I, coming from GA/Airlines background.There's one close by that I was thinking of going out and get checked out in. I might go out to the airport and have a look. I think the rego is 24-7600.

I have flown 24-7600, it has a handle.

I wonder if the new taildragger has toe brakes?

I hope so.It would be easier. Although the sonex has a brake lever instead of independant brakes in TW configuration.Apparently the sonex handles well on the ground. Its tail wheel directly linked to the rudder via a rigid rod.

Toe brakes are so much easier, I trained in the jab where you have to be a contortionist to use the brake lever... The eaglet is a pleasure to fly by comparison. Ergonomics is a word that is not in jabiru's vocabulary it seems.

Thanks dazza, saved me a trip to the airport.

Crikey GAFA! I have flown both... of course Toe is the preference but don't let that put you off please... Aircraft such as the Texan have handle brakes (a factory option I would not choose if I were the purchaser of a new aircraft)... but regardless of the brakes option you won't find a nicer handling and flying aircraft than the Texan IMO. I think they both work...

Texan's do look nice and there are a few nearby as well, plus a piper sport (it has toe brakes). I can understand the use of handles in cheaper aircraft, but when aircraft such as the P92 Eaglet are fitted with class cockpits and cost a few $$$'s to purchase why not have toe brakes as standard.

There is a VH P2008 in the area so I might go and fly that.

• 2 years later...
I am training in 24-7600.. Fly Now at Redcliffe...very nice aircraft and a great instructor..David

I used to fly that plane a few years ago when it was brand new and operationg out of Boonah.

I am training in 24-7600.. Fly Now at Redcliffe...very nice aircraft and a great instructor..David

Hey David, I'm training in the same aircraft (24-7600). Small world hey? Maybe we'll run into each other at Fly Now. How far along in your training are you? Tony