Launching a home-made rocket.

planedriver

How the heck would you go obtaining public liability insurance launching a thing this big?

My nephew (in the UK) bought a fairly small jet powered model which is good for about 200MPH, but after about 18mths still hasn't been able to fly it, unless he almost re-mortgages his house, to join an elite club and pay the exhorbitant insurance.

I wonder if the appropriate NOTAM was issued beforehand?[/quote

WTF is a NOTAM? Don't spoil our fun! we have short fuses.

From Wikipedia: "NOTAM or NoTAM is the quasi-acronym for "Notice To Airmen".[1] NOTAMs are created and transmitted by government agencies and airport operators under guidelines specified by Annex 15: Aeronautical Information Services of the Convention on International Civil Aviation (CICA). The term NOTAM came into common use rather than the more formal Notice to Airmen following the ratification of the CICA, which came into effect on 4 April 1947. Notices to Airmen were normally published in a regular publication by each country's air authorities such as Flight Magazine in the UK. "

Source: NOTAM - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That one's even better than what I posted, and seeing the colours in the sky reminds me of a flight in Concorde, but we only reached about 65,00ft and mine was a freeby flight, which made it extra special to me, and my bank manager..

• Like 1

That one's even better than what I posted, and seeing the colours in the sky reminds me of a flight in Concorde, but we only reached about 65,00ft and mine was a freeby flight, which made it extra special to me, and my bank manager..

I think both are really good. The one I posted wasn't a scale model of a real thing, for one.

I'd love to have had a go in a Concorde!