Brumby Signs with Chinese Aviation Giant

Motif

As a matter of interest: can anybody tell me how many aircraft Bumby have sold here sine the Chinese acquisition?

It's not the answer to your question, but here's the lineup for one of China's bigger airshow's next week and no mention of any Brumby products within AVIC's list or otherwise ..

http://www.airshow.com.cn/en/Article/notice/2016-09-14/11464.html

No mention of Brumby's products on AVIC's website either.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not the answer to your question, but here's the lineup for one of China's bigger airshow's next week and no mention of any Brumby products within AVIC's list or otherwise ..China International Aviation & Aerospace Exhibition - news content

No mention of Brumby's products on AVIC's website either.

Thanks for that heads-up - I wonder why AVIC isn't at least recognising the Brumby? It's a competent and well-designed aircraft (AFAIK), with good flying characteristics and for my money, a damn sight stronger than quite a few of the flashy Euro's, and I'd have thought, a good prospect for Training, especially. Has pretty much all the essentials I'd look for in something for more demanding conditions ( such as Australia!). While I am a known and shameless Jabiru fan, I think the High-Wing Brumby in particular had a lot of the same 'design ethic': a reliable work-horse, safe, 'get you there and bring you back' without drama. That is meant as a total compliment: there's a reason why anywhere outback of the major urbanised areas, you see a whole lot of Landcruisers and Prados but damn few Porsche Cayennes.

Nothing stuffs up a planned major holiday worse than being stranded at Didjabringabeeralong with a broken main gear leg that failed because it hit a recent rut in the dirt runway from last week's flood.. Especially if the replacement has to be flown from Czechoslovakia... I have no personal exposure of Brumbys, but from what I've read, they handled 'our' conditions pretty damn well.

• Like 1

Great to see Brumby branching out into the world market after years of hard work.

I used to regularly drive pass the Goair hangar at Bankstown to see the GT-1 Trainer progressing, prior to their move to Cowra..

As a matter of interest: can anybody tell me how many aircraft Bumby have sold here sine the Chinese acquisition?

AFAIK, they have been completing high wing Brumbys out of the Cowra factory, (for confirmed order customers), right up to the present. I don't think that's any secret. Of course, the numbers would understandably be confidential. These would probably all be 100% Aussie built airframes.

We're very happy with ours. It's run over 320 hrs now and is a pleasure to instruct in.

happy days,

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Don't understand that, I would want people to know that you are moving product, inspires confidence.

Hey! What would I know anyway. Just speculating. Anyway Bexrb, how are things going in Chengdu? Didn't I hear that you are about to get direct Australia flights soon?

happy days,

Hey! What would I know anyway. Just speculating. Anyway Bexrb, how are things going in Chengdu? Didn't I hear that you are about to get direct Australia flights soon?happy days,

There's been direct flights for about 6 years, but the cities keep changing, a few years ago I went direct to the Gold Coast, last year to Adelaide.

Chengdu is now the 4th busiest airport in China, not bad going for a tiny city of only 10 million.