Geological Report : Iceland is Rising ! !

Phil Perry

Iceland is RISING by 1.4 inches a year as its glaciers melt from climate change.

EASY SOLUTION . . . .

SEND ALL THE ASYLUM SEEKERS, ALIEN STATE SCROUNGERS AND ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS THERE. . .

Maybe all that extra weight might counteract the tendency to rise. . .

• 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

I'd actually prefer to send all those who are sceptical about human induced climate change (H.I.C.C.) there.

They could all jump up and down, and just maybe, all that energy could force Iceland to stop rising, thereby proving there is no such thing as H.I.C.C. - bleeding idiots, all of them

How much evidence do you need to see - and yeah yeah yeah, we've had ice ages and warming before, but NEVER have we seen such a change happening so quickly.

The evidence for rapid climate change is compelling:

From http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

http://climate.nasa.gov/system/content_pages/main_images/203_co2-graph-1280x800.jpg

Sea level rise

Global sea level rose about 17 centimeters (6.7 inches) in the last century. The rate in the last decade, however, is nearly double that of the last century

Global temperature rise

All three major global surface temperature reconstructions show that Earth has warmed since 1880.5 Most of this warming has occurred since the 1970s, with the 20 warmest years having occurred since 1981 and with all 10 of the warmest years occurring in the past 12 years.6 Even though the 2000s witnessed a solar output decline resulting in an unusually deep solar minimum in 2007-2009, surface temperatures continue to increase.

Warming oceans

The oceans have absorbed much of this increased heat, with the top 700 meters (about 2,300 feet) of ocean showing warming of 0.302 degrees Fahrenheit since 1969.8

Shrinking ice sheets

The Greenland and Antarctic ice sheets have decreased in mass. Data from NASA's Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment show Greenland lost 150 to 250 cubic kilometers (36 to 60 cubic miles) of ice per year between 2002 and 2006, while Antarctica lost about 152 cubic kilometers (36 cubic miles) of ice between 2002 and 2005.

Declining Arctic sea ice

Both the extent and thickness of Arctic sea ice has declined rapidly over the last several decades

Glacial retreat

Glaciers are retreating almost everywhere around the world — including in the Alps, Himalayas, Andes, Rockies, Alaska and Africa.

Ocean acidification

Since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution, the acidity of surface ocean waters has increased by about 30 percent

Ignorance is the new Black.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Back when I was about 20, and on a camping trip in the UK with a couple of old schoolmates, I too was confronted with rising water levels in a stream after very heavy rains. The farmer who's property it ran though, suggested that it should be ok to drive through.

After getting stuck and needing his tractor to pull us out, he said "funny that, it only comes half way up my ducks"043_duck_for_cover.gif.77707e15ee173cd2f19de72f97e5ca3b.gif

Maybe that was the start of global warming just over 50 yrs ago?

• Like 1

Perhaps that is because humans were not around during the last few thousand times over a couple of billion years when it maybe did, maybe didn't happen before ?

Hey,. . . . .Horsey, . . . . . . Come on mate,. . . .Please.

This is the humour part of the forum.

1) I have not got the first part of a clue what is happening to our climate

2) I do my best and recycle like a good boy, and have a wind generator and solar panels on my house at great expense, and do my bit whatever the reason.

3) I use this forum a lot more now that I've retired, and don't want to get too deep into anything as serious as politics, religion, or climate alteration . . .no, I use it because I LIKE the other people who frequent the site, I enjoy the banter enormously, I like to rub shoulders with Clever blokes ( ! ) and the last thing I want to do is to get involved in a bloody punch up on ANY specific topic thanks. I'll only argue a bit about subjects about which I have some definite knowledge and / or personal experience. And if you reckon that's a copout well . . . . you are entitled to your opinion AND I'm entitled to techno techno techno notice of any attempt to get me riled up mate.

Kind regards.

Phil

• Like 3
  • Winner 2

Phil, be careful about rubbing shoulders, you could get splinters from the chips. Or maybe fish. Im'e not sure which type of chip I have.

Yenn me old mate,. . . . . when I was first ejaculated off the RMS Ellinis Convict ship at Port Melbourne, . . . the ship's purser, the only Kiwi in the Greek crew, ( I've quoted him before ! ) said to me . ." The thing you'll find aabout Aussies mate,. . . . is that they are Well Balanced people . . ." I said, . ." Really ?? " . . he said. . . ."Yeah, . .they've got an equal sized chip onot of each shoulder. . ."

I have to say that I TOTALLY DISAGREE with that man's appraisal. . . .cheeky sod !

Phil

Yenn me old mate,. . . . . when I was first ejaculated off the RMS Ellinis

I think you may mean "ejected"...

"... is that they are Well Balanced people . . ." I have to say that I TOTALLY DISAGREE with that man's appraisal. . . .

And you are correct to do so, many of us are unbalanced!

• Haha 1

I think you may mean "ejected"...Marty, . . . . . . . .you mean what you mean,. . .and I'll mean wot I mean. . . . . . .!

I'm sure you remember the old Conan Doyle stories of Sherlock Holmes ? ? ? ? . . . "do you think he was murderered Holmes ? " Watson suddenly ejaculated. . . .

Ignorance is the new Black.

Who cares? What difference is it going to make TO YOU?? Nothing is the answer, except you will make some Billionaires even richer while causing suffering to yourself.

Stop flying your plane, driving your car and most certainly stop eating animals and adding to it if you're losing sleep over it. - or, along with using your computer and the Global Warming energy it requires, just continue the ridiculous levels of hypocrisy.

• Agree 1