Investors wanted

Guest ozzie

While we are talking about companies and there worth. The opportunity has arisen to invest in what is possibly the only company that is really turning a decent profit in GA. Skydive The Beach is going public to raise 20 million dollars to buy out it's main competitor "Skydive Australia" and it's five drop zones.

Skydive the Beach is the worlds largest commercial skydiving operation with at last count 14 tandem drop zones scattered around Australia. Head operation is based at Wollongong with 70 staff there alone.

80 million shares @.25c are available in blocks of 8000 @ $2000.00 each. Minimum of 10 million for the buyout needed.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/2902404/skydive-the-beach-announces-20m-float/?cs=300

Pleasure industry is too volatile at the best of times and I can't see the Oz economy going anywhere but down with the car industry saying goodbye leaving a lot of people bringing the median wage down.

• Agree 2

i wouldnt invest in any aviation company, to many regulations can change the companies fortunes overnight, and with asuch a large skydive operation, and not requiring an AOC. it could all change when someone in casa notices this.. and no, im not having a go at them, they are a great aussie GA success story, but skydive ops dont legally need an AOC.

• Informative 1

Bex while the dollar is so low the backpackers will keep coming in droves. I am continually amazed at how many people line up to do a skydive every day and every day. True the tourism and aviation industries are are risky but then anything is these days. What would you risk your money on these days?

While we are talking about companies and there worth. The opportunity has arisen to invest in what is possibly the only company that is really turning a decent profit in GA. Skydive The Beach is going public to raise 20 million dollars to buy out it's main competitor "Skydive Australia" and it's five drop zones.Skydive the Beach is the worlds largest commercial skydiving operation with at last count 14 tandem drop zones scattered around Australia. Head operation is based at Wollongong with 70 staff there alone.

80 million shares @.25c are available in blocks of 8000 @ $2000.00 each. Minimum of 10 million for the buyout needed.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/2902404/skydive-the-beach-announces-20m-float/?cs=300

Theres an old saying in aviation that is ever true: IF YOU WANT TO BECOME A MILLIONAIRE IN AVIATION WITH A MILLION DOLLARS IN YOUR POCKET AT THE END OF THE DAY , THEN FIRST START OFF WITH TEN MILLION.

• 1 month later...
Developing a new aero engine? 075_amazon.gif.0882093f126abdba732f442cccc04585.gif

Hehe, old post but I just saw it 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

You'll just have to trust that I have already done very well out of it thanks, I'll be writing a book in years to come about law and business over here, just got to finish getting my cut out of it first before everyone else knows how to 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

What would you risk your money on these days?

Wouldn't change a thing of what I have been doing the last 10 years here, of course there's many things I would change and do differently because that's hindsight, but otherwise I would suggest anyone with balls to sell up everything and move to a developing country and spend a few years forgetting about 'your angle' and learning the business culture from the inside first.

Too many just arrive and think it's all going to work just like back home, it won't and you will fall in very short time.

The three big growth industries......Health care, Aged care, recreational pursuits.

So the three-in-one we are looking at is a residential airpark for the over 50's with supported care and onsite medical?

• Haha 1
  • Winner 1

Recession proof industries: Funerals

The three big growth industries......Health care, Aged care, recreational pursuits.

Add to that: Funerals and Corrective Services (prisons). The beauty of the last two is that they are recession proof as well.

Recession proof industries: FuneralsAdd to that: Funerals and Corrective Services (prisons). The beauty of the last two is that they are recession proof as well.

My Dad always used to say; "Food, Coffins and Toilet Paper!".