RA-Aus RPC to CASA RPL

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rest assured I would have no reason to make such a response to your comment#60. Nev

Happyflyer and Nev, I can solve the mystery. I went back to see what Nev posted as funny and found that the funny was actually by me, so I removed it. Must have been during scrolling down on my iPad, totally not intended, hope that clears the mystery up. Sorry. I must check that unintended comments are not put in by accident in the future.

• Agree 1

The only way the communication issue can be identified is by submitting incident reports for each event. CASA / ATSB cannot act on the matter in any other way, they need the statistics.

So, if you have an incident involving communication issues raise an ASIR:

http://www.atsb.gov.au/mandatory/asair.aspx

Happyflyer and Nev, I can solve the mystery. I went back to see what Nev posted as funny and found that the funny was actually by me, so I removed it. Must have been during scrolling down on my iPad, totally not intended, hope that clears the mystery up. Sorry. I must check that unintended comments are not put in by accident in the future.

Thanks Frank. Sorry about the confusion Nev. Cheers.

So would this count as an Incident Report relating to a communications issue?

Seems like CASA would be happy with you.

• Haha 1

All good except most CFI/testing officers have approval to issue level 6. Unsurprisingly for CASA this doesn't automatically mean they can give out level 4. Some CFI's will just make the system work and have a listen for a bit and give you level 6. Some will go by the book as requried by CASA ( and who can blame them ) and make you listen to the tape and also recored your responces. As others have said it's all a load of rubbish and the people who shouldn't get throught still do anyway.

That's actually required by ICAO as well. An expert speaker (ELP6) can assess someone else as being expert; but to assess people into the other categories requires much more subtle testing. However, the ELP1-5 testing is fairly protracted and expensive (I've seen a number of $300 bandied about) so a student may put commercial pressure on the CFI to pass them.

It's like being able to say someone has flawless unaccented English is pretty easy; but to rate the thickness of their accent on a scale of 1-10 is really hard.

• Agree 1