Are you coming to the Echuca Flyin

Admin

Everything permitting are you coming to the Flyin  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Everything permitting are you coming to the Flyin

• Yes - I think I may be going
    • No - I don't think I can make it

Hi All

I need some indication of the numbers that may be attending the Great Southern Flyin at Echuca on the 3rd/4th Nov weather permitting so can you please indicate in this poll if you may possibly be coming - thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I have had many phone calls from people that are not forum members coming to see RAAus aircraft so I think there will be subject to weather about 50 to 75 aircraft - this is going to be a great get together.

Guest David C

Ian ,

Sorry Ian can't make it this time . A wedding in Sydney on that day gets in the way I'm afraid . You would have thought they could have chosen another day !!006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Dave C

Ross, my chart looks fantastic weather wise - it should because I spent a lot of time in a paint program drawing it up, erasing all the bad points to make it look really nice ;)

Who believes the weather anyway - just joking, fingers are crossed that it turns out ok

Weatherzone's green bits look worse. Sorry about that.

Friday 22:00 EDT

Low pressure troughs will merge and gain moisture to generate widespread rain and storms over the interior and southeast. The rain and storms will be mainly in central Australia and northern NSW. A front will bring cooler winds and light showers to TAS.

Saturday 22:00 EDT

A broad low pressure trough will maintain widespread rain and storms over the interior and southeast as it inches east. Warm northerlies in QLD and northern NSW. A burst of unstable, colder southerly winds will cause showers to increase in southern SA as a high clears most of WA.

Sunday 22:00 EDT

A slow-moving trough will take a band of rain and storms across QLD and northern NSW then bring a southerly change. Strong southerlies will be unstable enough to cause showers across NSW, VIC and TAS. A high will clear most of SA and send dry and warmer easterlies over WA.

Weather at Echuca.

If putting the fly-in on at Echuca has caused the rain Ian, you have achieved a wonderfull thing as it has been dry as..... I'm going to drive up Sat anyhow. I don't want to encourage anyone to fly in bad weather, but hope to see you there. I'll be in the white Transit Van . Boring but. ..N....

NO, NO, NO - doesn't look good does it but you never know - on one hand you want them to get the rain but on the other hand it is always nice to fly.

I have had to guarantee a minimum of 50 people for the Saturday dinner $1,250, $350 for the shower block, trophies etc so I can always sit there in the rain stuffing my face on food and then have a hot shower before I award myself all the trophies 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

BUT please remember, keep it safe if you are going to fly - don't take any risks just to get there and remember you could always drive if you have any doubt at all :big_grin:

Ian

If you get caught with some of those costs because the weather is too bad, I'll make a modest donation to help out. There is no reason why you should get caught out on $'s trying to do stuff that manufactures fun for the rest of us.

I hope it will just be occasional showers down Echuca way.

I had a chat to the Big-fella today, but he said that the cockies need the rain and he won't change the weather pattern just for us. Will see what I can do when I have a meeting with him tomorrow morning over breakfast when we are doing the annual staff performance review on Peter and Judas (Sorry for blaspheming Don).

Regards Geoff

Thanks, as always Capt but why should you make a donation?????

The shop has been setup to pay for this site and the flyins are a part of the site - this is why I am always asking for everyone to support the shop here as not only do you get things cheaper but you help to keep this site completely free and growing - I paid my RAA mag bill for advertising today - just under $1,000 for 4 months of ads - just paid the $80 for another year of using the forum engine software - the chat room hosting (about $600) is due next month - it all adds up which as I say is what the shop is for - so no donations please, just buy any of your needs from the shop and tell everyone else about it.

If the weather ends up ok then 50 people for the dinner will be reached and the rec flying shop that will be at Echuca plus the registration fee will pay for the showers and trophies - that would be a successful flyin then (financially that is)

Guest Fred Bear

Sorry Ian. We cannot make it this time. Night shift weekends permanent for me now so I need to go to things during the week :devil: Oh well, I am sure you will please heaps of others though mate. ;) Safe flying to all going.

Guest pelorus32

Hi Ross,

have you spoken to the BOM aviation guys? I just spoke to the briefer in Melbourne about local WX at YECH and its much more positive than I thought.

Maybe give them a call and see if there's a window. It'd be great to see you.

Regards

Mike

Guys, weather up here is pretty good at the moment - overcast cloud at about 6,000 to 8,000 ft agl and no rain in sight

Everything is looking good here with a few members here already - Decca, BigPete, Bernie, HighFlyer etc

Sorry guys. When the charts look like that I will not fly that far for a weekend. I have to cross the mountains (min 8500 feet) there and back. I'm a contractor, so getting stuck gets very expensive. The Jab I lined up doesn't like rain and the rain looks widespread for the whole weekend.

If I didn't have a plane to finish I would definitely drive to catch up with you all, but it is close and I want it soon. There will be another time.

Hope you all have a ball and make me wish I went (like Darren last time).

Cheers,

Ross

apologies

Another one falls at the starting gate.

Sorry. The weather and the rare absolute need to back at work in time precludes my flying. I was considering the very long drive with Starti, but he's pulled out too !

Hope you have a great weekend and the farmers are pleased with the rain !

Jack. :confused::confused:

Guest disperse

Truly hope all have a GREAT time....

unfortunitly for me ... No plane, No car, No money, No fun 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif But look at it this way.....CAN ONLY GET BETTER 018_hug.gif.8f44196246785568c4ba31412287795a.gif

I tried to get there along with about 6 other aircraft from my field, however the cloud was on the ground at the Kilmore gap. There was a layer up to 2,000 ft, then another at probably 8,000-9,000 so technically I could have gone between the two, however it would have been VFR over the top for a very long period which whilst is ok the odd occasion I prefer not to do it for an hour non-stop. I'll post pics of my weather in a while.

Hi all, well for those at Echuca you've probably noticed Kaz, myself and the CT4 aren't there. As with Brent we're stuck on the other side of the Great Divide and were unable to make the trip from Point Cook to Echuca due to low cloud yesterday.

Must admit to be a bit disappointed about missing the event, although sitting looking at the rain guages this morning and the rainfall around the state overnight (and still happening down south) I'd much rather have an inch or two of rain this weekend and be stuck on the ground :).

At this stage we'll be heading home to Canberra on Monday...weather permitting of course. Will add to the trip report in the other post once we get going again.

Cheers,

Matt.