New mascot

NT5224

Yesterday was my birthday and my gorgeous wife presented me with a very personal little gift -a tiny flying fox- she knitted as a mascot for our cockpit. He's about two inches tall and soft, so no hazard and I have just the spot for him on the dashboard.

In true aviator style he's got a leather helmet and goggles and scarf... :)

Does anybody else fly with a mascot?

Alan

Flying_Fox.jpg.43065783b2683e468f947374e175b4c3.jpg

• Like 9
  • Winner 1

Yesterday was my birthday and my gorgeous wife presented me with a very personal little gift -a tiny flying fox- she knitted as a mascot for our cockpit. He's about two inches tall and soft, so no hazard and I have just the spot for him on the dashboard.In true aviator style he's got a leather helmet and goggles and scarf... :)

Does anybody else fly with a mascot?

Alan

I knew a couple of pilots who usually took a "Pilot-Bear" along with them. I have one too, but it's so old, the poor buggars goggles are falling apart and his not much of a help.

The previous KRviatrix bought me the Red Bearon Beanie Bear as a present well over a decade ago. He has lived in each car I've owned since, standing guard on the forward part of the center console.

His little tag has the quote: Bearon is here to celebrate; A special and historic date; To mark 100 years of flight; And to honor the brothers Wright!