Here we go again...

Guest FlyingPhil

Guest FlyingPhil

Well, I'm heading back to Ra-aus training again after 7 years off with kids, house, work, dog stuff!! Yep, you've seen this all before. Looking at my massive log book (internalising ...I did say log book right?) I can see that Ive got an impressive 9 hours total. 058_what_the.gif.7624c875a1b9fa78348ad40493faf23c.gif Yes I think you would all agree, I rock as an aviator. The funny thing about the log book is that it appears brand new! Funny that. Anyway, I digress. I am heading down tomorrow to see Dave Briffa at Airsports Boonah (QLD) to watch him recall with shock and horror at the thought of him spending the next roughly 2000 hours beside me before allowing me to go solo. Off hand, I think he will also be impressed with the soundness and new-like qualities of my log book which saw me last fly with Pete Stanton in the drifter at Boonah (pronounced Booooonaaah .. just like the well heeled say Noooossaahhhh). You stay classy Boonah.

Wish me luck, oh brothers of the air.

And wish Dave all the best too.

Guest FlyingPhil

Thanks all. Well another .8 in the log. Dave was very kind in his training, and he will be able to re-use the plane!! The tecnam was brilliant. Onwards and upwards. Can't wait.

Good luck with it all FlyingPhil. I'd suggest you keep it slightly more regular from now on, like a lesson per week or fortnight, even one a month. Even so, your nine hours will count towards your certificate as long as you show yourself competent.

I know Dave Briffa, I did a couple of hours with Dave, last year, in the P2008 with the view to get type certified, I changed my mind half way through and moved in a different direction. You're in good hands though.

Cheers, Tony.

Guest FlyingPhil

Hey Neil, cheers mate! I've actually got about 1000 hours "flying" airfix lanc's in my bedroom as a 9 year old lad!!! Countless bombing missions on the Rhine (which was probably a bit of streamer on the floor). Who didnt?? 014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

Hey Neil, cheers mate! I've actually got about 1000 hours "flying" airfix lanc's in my bedroom as a 9 year old lad!!! Countless bombing missions on the Rhine (which was probably a bit of streamer on the floor). Who didnt?? 014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

.....or dropping table tennis balls into the bath whilst overflying with converging lights under the Lanc and blowing up the taps at the end. 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Alan.

• Winner 1

Phil you are in good hands with Dave, I,m currently doing the RA conversion with Dave at Airsport after a (OMG)28 year break from GA. My attempts to fly the Tecnam Golf like a 172 didn't seem to bother him too much LoL. He knows his stuff so go enjoy m8.

• Winner 1

Guest FlyingPhil
....or dropping table tennis balls into the bath whilst overflying with converging lights under the Lanc and blowing up the taps at the end.

THAT'S BRILLIANT!!! Somebody promote that man!!!

Yes Plus 1 for Dave. He seems very professional and a nice bloke to boot. The quality of the instructor makes all the difference. There's that balance of servitude as a student without being ear bashed by a harsh instructor. Don't get me wrong though, if the instructor raises his or her voice .... It's probably for a very good reason!! (or its not getting through - like don't touch the trim buttons hey Dave!!) He he.

Ha! Cheers blackhawk. Yep 2000 hours seams about right for the moment!! 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

Fly safe.

Phil.

Yeh Phil Dave is very patient, One flight doing steep turns I wasn,t as precise holding altitude as Dave or myself wanted me to be and as he calmly told me more back pressure a few times I turned to him and said I,m old school Dave feel free to yell at me now and then, it might help lol. He still wouldn't do it though. Great Instructor. Cheers

Hope it all works out smoothly for you Phil. instructors are paid to out up with you. IF you are not sure of any principle in what you are doing, clarify it as you go. Builds a firmer knowledge base. Keep ahead of the show with the theory. Enjoy the experience. Nev

Hi Phil,

Welcome and good luck with the training.

Just remember.......

.......... Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there.

Chris

• Like 2

Cheers Phil was great to meet you m8, Didnt think to ask at the time but hope your flight went well. Hot bumpy day in the circuit today. No doubt see you out there again. cheers