Jabiru spares pack

Bruce Tuncks

I'd like to make up a spares pack of nuts, bolts, washers, split pins and whatever else might be useful. There is no point in carrying things which will never be used, so standard assortment packs are not much good.

I'll get things started by listing:

AN 3 nyloc nuts - 20 only

AN4 nyloc nuts - 20 only

AN3 thin washers -10 only

AN3 thick washers - 10 only

AN4 thin washers -10 only

AN4 thick washers 10 only

AN5 thick washers 5 only

Bolts: AN3

AN4

AN5

Split pins:

Bushes: ( the ones used on the flaps , they are AN3 bore and just cut from a tube. I reckon better brass ones if they can be found )

??? Other suggestions welcome, comments too.

You are right Yenn, but I just like having lots of washers around. I didn't know you could get thick and thin ones as AN washers.

If a bolt is not quite right, you can fix it with washers up to 3 per bolt.

As for the bushing material, I stand corrected . The bushes in question are on the flap-horns, and they fit the AN3 bolts on the wing brackets. A tiny bit of wear and you can feel it as play on the flap trailing edge.

What I do is to replace the bolt and this helps, but I would like better and closer-fitting bushes as well.

How about some rod-ends in the pack too?

I'd like to make up a spares pack of nuts, bolts, washers, split pins and whatever else might be useful. There is no point in carrying things which will never be used, so standard assortment packs are not much good.

I'll get things started by listing:

AN 3 nyloc nuts - 20 only

AN4 nyloc nuts - 20 only

AN3 thin washers -10 only

AN3 thick washers - 10 only

AN4 thin washers -10 only

AN4 thick washers 10 only

AN5 thick washers 5 only

Bolts: AN3

AN4

AN5

Split pins:

Bushes: ( the ones used on the flaps , they are AN3 bore and just cut from a tube. I reckon better brass ones if they can be found )

??? Other suggestions welcome, comments too.

An3 an4 and an5 penny washers are also useful to have on hand will get you out of trouble, As well as AN (a)bolts and nuts ,Cotter pins.

The washers can be uses up to a maximum of 3 per bolt if you have to but preferably buy the appropriate lengths e.g AN3-4 and so on keeping in mind between 1 and max 3 threads should be protruding from the nut.

• Like 1