Diagnose this ...

9 hours ago, Thruster88 said:

The loss of power is easy to understand. Why the mixture became very rich is a mystery to me. I would assume that when the engine was being "throttled" by the exhaust the constant depression carburetor's slide would drop and the fuel air ratio would be maintained?  Anyone got an explanation? 

Do you think it possible that the balance tube might be a contributing factor? Balancing the the negative pressure in the manifolds despite the fact that one can only use a portion of the other.

I can't see why that would happen in the ordinary course of events . Exhaust restriction due loose baffles is not uncommon. Loss of power and overheating is the usual result. You can STOP an engine by blocking the exhaust, so it can be an extreme situation.. The bad burning may be a result of CO2 contamination due to it not being expelled. You can get soot from the exhaust due any misfiring. Nev

27 minutes ago, facthunter said:

I can't see why that would happen in the ordinary course of events . Exhaust restriction due loose baffles is not uncommon. Loss of power and overheating is the usual result. You can STOP an engine by blocking the exhaust, so it can be an extreme situation.. The bad burning may be a result of CO2 contamination due to it not being expelled. You can get soot from the exhaust due any misfiring. Nev

Took the words out of my mouth.

On 18/10/2020 at 12:29 PM, old man emu said:

OK. Let's call quits. I set a scenario without ensuring that it was completely debugged. I'm sorry that no one had the ability to look for the main point, but focused on wind, fuel and trim.

I was going to pose another question on something else, but I can't be bothered to minutely inspect every syllable to ensure that what I write is blatantly obvious.  Maybe I should work backwards. Provide the answer, then ask people what the question is.

Although I think the delivery was flawed, I strongly believe in your original intention. We're all here to learn and share stories. Without this, we're buggered.

Thank you for making the effort!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2