Aviation Quizzes are here

Admin

In line with the objectives of this site:

1. Increase pilot safety by increasing their knowledge of flying
  2. Increase pilot skills by the exchange of experiences through discussion
  3. In crease pilots knowledge in proper aircraft maintenance

I have implemented a Quiz section to the site.

Now this is just experimental at this stage with just 1 quiz being created. Subject to your feedback I may change some of the parameters of the quiz section before I add many more quizzes that I have ready to add to this new section so please, take the first quiz and let me know your feedback.

Remember the quizzes are purely a learning tool in the hope they help and that THEY ARE FUN

You can find them under "Resources" in the main menu

Enjoy!

I see that 5 have taken the first quiz, i would very much like to know how you found the new quiz section. There are some things that I can change with it like:

1. Display x number of users that got the top results
  2. Display CORRECT ANSWERS on your Quiz results
  3. Allow users to play the quiz only once or many times (top results show only a user's first attempt or their highest attempt)
  4. etc

So please let me know how you found the new quiz section and anything you think I need to change...thanks

4 hours ago, Thruster88 said:

I ran out of time, should have gone faster at the beginning. Only 9 have had a go, come on guys. 

Might be better if all the  scores weren’t visible and ranked. No self-respecting aviator wants to look bad.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

14 hours ago, rgmwa said:

Might be better if all the  scores weren’t visible and ranked. No self-respecting aviator wants to look bad.

What about if it just showed the top 3

• Like 2

Or better still let the player decide whether they want to be listed on the public scoreboard once they know what their result was. The public list could include the total number of people who had played so you could get an idea of the interest in the quiz. That way you wouldn’t discourage people from having a go because they don’t want to be identified or possibly embarrassed by getting a low score. That would make the quiz a more effective learning tool, which is the aim after all.

• Like 1

The time constraint makes it too difficult  if the phone rings or someone comes to the door.. That's what happened to me.  It's not worth the effort if I were to be honest. Sorry about that. Believe it or not there's not enough hours in the day for me to get everything done that I should. Nev

Ian the concept is excellent: many of us need to learn new stuff or a refresher.

However, I agree with the comments above. I had a serious go at the quiz but got timed out, hence my crappy score. 

(My ego took a hit, so I need an excuse!)

• Informative 1

Ok, @Ahmed Zayed is getting better so he has adjusted the listing of the leaders in the Quizzes to only show the top 3. I will also allocate more time per quiz...unfortunately once a quiz starts I can't change the allocated time. Hope this is ok?

2 hours ago, Admin said:

Ok, @Ahmed Zayed is getting better so he has adjusted the listing of the leaders in the Quizzes to only show the top 3. I will also allocate more time per quiz...unfortunately once a quiz starts I can't change the allocated time. Hope this is ok?

Thanks Ian, I guess I’m happy to have my crappy quiz performance hidden from view.

Regarding the time limits, I didn’t realize when I started that I had to hurry thru, but if we want this to be some sort of test of our readiness to pilot an aircraft, it makes sense to put us under pressure.