At Last My Aeropup Is Registered:-)

jackc

Subject says to all, after a lot of work by Aeropup at Gympie it’s finished!  Had a folding wings conversion, Rotax rubber replacement, instruments calibrated, engine with 345 hours but has to run on condition inspected,  Sweetapple prop refurbished, new tyres and brakes refurbished.  Along with other minor items. Hopefully get test flown in the next week 🙂

Then I will trailer it home....

• Like 11
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1

On 14/12/2020 at 10:15 PM, jackc said:

Subject says to all, after a lot of work by Aeropup at Gympie it’s finished!  Had a folding wings conversion, Rotax rubber replacement, instruments calibrated, engine with 345 hours but has to run on condition inspected,  Sweetapple prop refurbished, new tyres and brakes refurbished.  Along with other minor items. Hopefully get test flown in the next week 🙂

Then I will trailer it home....

Perhaps you could share a few pictures?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On the morning of Christmas Eve, the Aeropup took to the skies for its check flight.  Passed with flying colours and no post flight adjustments were needed.  Very pleased that my aircraft is all signed off and operational 🙂

3F7E0B49-57F0-4A5C-AA72-1D5EAE7BBCB4.jpeg

E3BDE262-A470-4D36-A1BB-14F632984D46.jpeg

FB4970B4-3A7A-431D-A08B-B16ACF499D4B.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, jackc said:

On the morning of Christmas Eve, the Aeropup took to the skies for its check flight.  Passed with flying colours and no post flight adjustments were needed.  Very pleased that my aircraft is all signed off and operational 🙂

3F7E0B49-57F0-4A5C-AA72-1D5EAE7BBCB4.jpeg

E3BDE262-A470-4D36-A1BB-14F632984D46.jpeg

FB4970B4-3A7A-431D-A08B-B16ACF499D4B.jpeg

Well done, Jack!

Than you for the pictures. 👍

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, kgwilson said:

Wow you actually found a fine day to do it.

I got very lucky, but Gympie humidity and heat yesterday nearly rolled me......drank about 3 1/2 litres of water and some Hydrolyte tables saved me.  Today to recover 🙂 

5 hours ago, facthunter said:

Don't like trailering them very much. Bumps a worry and opposite direction fast semi's nearly tear them off the trailer.. Nev

You are right, car trailers are horrible but there was no way it could come off the trailer as securing it was done well.

however I elected to secure the tailwheel by its tyre so the suspension could absorb the whipping of the car trailer up and down at its rear.  This worked fine but in the long run I will build a purpose modified boat trailer with a plane friendly suspension.

I cut up a single bed foam mattress as required to protect wings etc and that worked great.

I have carted a lot of things in my life, but never a plane until yesterday!

Anyway got the job done with no problems.

• Like 1