Foxcon Terrier 200

Afternoon, have come a cross a couple of these here and there, nice looking aircraft, maybe a tad on the heavy side with the soob engine, 

does anyone have any 1st hand experience in these? i hear and read mixed stories but would love to know from someone who has flown them what there thoughts were

Cheers

Rob

50 minutes ago, iron aviation co said:

does anyone have any 1st hand experience in these? i hear and read mixed stories but would love to know from someone who has flown them what there thoughts were

Most owners parked them up never to fly again, 

One at Heck Field scared the owner so many times he refused to fly it. Something just wasn't right with the performance and handling

• Informative 1

Flyboy has good advice above, there is a terrier at Childers.  If you were looking at getting one it would be worth a drive up a meet him and I'm sure he will explain in detail what he had to do to get it good.  A phone call to the Isis flying club will put you it contact with him. Cheers 

Its interesting to be honest,

I have had been contacted by 2 owners that have them, saying how much they love them. I have not had anyone yet in all my findings say a bad word that has actually spent time in them but there always seems to be a lot of bad stories from people that that know someone who had a bad experience. not taking a stab at anyone, its just interesting, I find the same with a lot of other low volume aircraft and i always find it intriguing

its a shame we don't have more, popular Aus manufactured aircraft with really solid reputations

thanks for the replies

Cheers

I was at  Narromine, I think it was about 15 yrs ago, when one caught fire at start up. Carb on top of the motor spilling fuel onto exhaust or wiring from memory. Not too much damage if I remember correctly.

Ken

It’s the odd all engines that usually let down these airframes. There’s something g to be said for sticking to types that bri g easy/good resale value.

Ive seen a few Vans A/C fitted with complex heavy exotic donks that sell well under their normal sale value when fitted with proper donks!

Each to there own!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

It’s the odd ball engines that usually let down these airframes. There’s something to be said for sticking to types that bring easy/good resale value.

Ive seen a few Vans A/C fitted with complex heavy exotic donks that sell well under their normal sale value when fitted with proper donks!

Each to there own!

Edited by Flightrite

20 hours ago, iron aviation co said:

…does anyone have any 1st hand experience in these?

Rob one of our club’s regulars arrived in a Foxcon 100 recently. He’s based near you, and has a wealth of aviation experience.

I’ll send you a personal message.

5 hours ago, Flightrite said:

It’s the odd ball engines that usually let down these airframes. There’s something to be said for sticking to types that bring easy/good resale value.

Each to there own!

I think you are right hey, when you look in the old aircraft catalogues, there are so many cool looking aircraft kits that dont exist anymore

This is Brian who designed and built the first Terriers with he last project before he left us; a great person and I was fortunate to have him share a flight in the Nynja.

He was a great mate to many up here and everywhere he took his aircraft.

P1010841.JPG

P1010852.JPG

• Like 3