This will be the most amazing video you have ever seen

Guest Michael Coates

Guest ricardo

I'm not convinced this is a fake - I reckon the interview looks very suss, likewise all the Killajoy presence, but despite that, looking at the footage it does seem real to me. If you look at it frame by frame, you can see him flying it on the rudder as well as the remaining aileron, (and the throttle) and it's all behaving in a realistic manner as far as I can see. Perhaps it was an RC model? But if so, the transition to "real plane" with him opening the cockpit is invisible.

Try and approach the question from a different angle.

Which direction should the aircraft spin when the right wing comes off and would the rudder have sufficient force to compensate for the lift being developed by the wing that`s left,thereby allowing the landing that you see?.

How does the elevator come into play,in this situation?

Anyone want to have a go?

Cheers,

Frank. 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

Guest ricardo

The thing that's different from standard theory here is that with a thrust:weight ratio of probably somewhere around 1:1 or better, the prop generates such huge thrust that it energizes the control surfaces, so there is the potential to exert far greater control over such a crippled form than would initially be apparent. I think.....

Yes, its doable with an RC plane..see youtube.. but this is a fake, probably a combo of rc and cg. you can tell when the the plane flies along knife edge before touching down, the camera suddenly races along beside the acft, same thing when its groundrolling..and do you think that perhaps the seams between rc and real are during the fuzzy bits??;)

Guest ricardo

Motzartmerv, you could be right : there does look to be room to blend rc and real at those points. Also I still can't buy into the pilot's interview - so I'll come down on the fake side!

Guest Michael Coates

Regardless of how its been done and for whatever intention - its doing what the author originally intended... and thats get get on the internet ! (millions of times)

I now have it in about 4 different languages (all with the original English footage) saying the wing has fallen off etc So it was intended for a wide market in Europe and English speaking people

By the way, what does allah akbar mean ?