The Bushman

Admin

I have just received some bad news that one of our fellow site members Jim Chase (The Bushman) has passed away suddenly in Darwin.

On behalf of everyone here I would like to pass on our condolences to all of Jim's family and friends - may you soar higher then you have ever done before Jim...amongst the angels.

Sad news indeed,

I never did make it to one of Jim's groups flyins at Stephens Creek, but welcomed his friendly greetings whenever we did meet, Temora the last time.

Condolences to his family and friends

Tragic news, I recently spoke to Jim re the Jab motor he had advertised on this web site. Sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Kind regards,

Bill Woodmason

Cobden Aero Club

A true gentleman

A true gentleman he will be sadly missed in the flying community ,condolenses to his family and friends

Regards Pip

Camperdown

Have been advised that James Chase’s funeral will be held in Broken Hill this coming Monday at 11:00am at, Fred J Potters funeral directors, 144A Oxide St, Broken Hill NSW.

Hi all, Steve the secretary of the Silver City Recreational Aircraft Club.

It has surley come as a massive shock to us all, Jims passing.

His presence and expertise for solving any problem will be greatly missed around our club.

Rest assured the immediate task of caring for Mary, Jim's wife is well in hand and all your kind words and thoughts will help Jim's family and friends pull through.

Cheers Steve.

It's a bit late for me to thank the man himself, but I'd like to tell you all that I carried out the 5-minute modification that Jim Chase ("The Bushman") described to me in a detailed email.

My Jabiru engine had been a dog to start - it has never started on a cold morning without a booster pack. Although fitted with only a tiny little 3kg Decca lawn mower battery (rated at only 120 CCA) this morning it fired up first go!

Thank you Jim wherever you are- you will be remembered.

Lyle Passfield

I regretfully posted a reply to the Bushman this morning before I had heard of his passing.

My condolances to his family.

His posts will be missed by Jabbie owners and others.

Fly High Jim.

Phil.