Pilot dave goes solo!!

HEY ALL, well its finally happened!

Perfect weather, no one around! First did about 8 circuits with instructor, wind calming down so was looking unreal.

Last Stop, backtracked on 35 and then instructor got out.. this was the point of no return.

What a buzz! To think i can actually fly a plane on my own! I had better pinch myself again. I had to laugh, prior to taking off, looked over to my right (NO INSTRUCTOR) , took a big deep breath and powered on! This is it!

I might of been talking to myself even somewhat! YES i was! Hope mike button wasn't pushed in!

All parts of circuits i believe was good, landing also uneventful.. Phew! 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Thanks again to Central West Flying and Chris.. great teacher..

Dave:clap:011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

• Winner 1

Yeehaa! Great work mate, that's awesome. 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

As the others have said, you won't forget it in a hurry! I still got my smile from my solo... it really does stick with you!

Take care and have fun!

• Like 1

Guest davidh10

An achievement to be proud of Dave. Congratulations. 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif Bet you cannot lose the grin :big_grin:

Now onward and upward.:)

Congratulations Dave! knew it wouldnt be soon! i remember my first solo, i did the same as you, looked over at an empty seat and laughed with joy! i still remember that day as it was yesterday..

now just wait until your first Solo Nav! 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Well done Dave great feeling I am sure

My instructor told me a couple of weeks ago that I should be right to have a go a my first solo after flying in perfect weather for the last week or so, just see what the weather is like tomorrow! That was about 2 weeks ago and still waiting! Bloody wind won't go away but hopefully soon.

Stewy

I might of been talking to myself even somewhat! YES i was! Hope mike button wasn't pushed in!

Nothing wrong with talking to yourself while you're flying. Hell, if there's no one else there to talk to then you might as well chat to the one person who won't disagree with you! 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Keep talking, keep flying, keep enjoying, keep learning. Sounds good to me. :thumb_up:

Hey! Well done! 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif Great achievement. That first PIC entry in the logbook looks good, doesn't it? Keep it up & let us know how the rest of the training goes.

Happy Landings

Neil

Pilot in Command Dave, sure does have a nice ring to it! Still reliving the experience, as everyone says, dont forget that for awhile or wipe the grin of your face. Hopefully will fly again tomorrow or next week sometime!

Congrats Dave - 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif011_clap.gif.8adfe837b4189ee6622bf4917d6a88c0.gif011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

did mine a few weeks ago and still smiling. Flew solo circuits today and I know I was talking to myself ...:ah_oh: Once again well done and I hope the weather holds up so you can get some more flying in ....

I think the weather is turning bad, wouldnt be suprised to see snow tonight around Oberon area. Its cold and heaps of cloud overhead, can see the cold air coming up from the southwest.. Bring it on i say.. Love snow.. Glad i have tomorrow off work.

I now see it! I do keep reliving the experience over and over. What a feeling! Just want to get up there again on my own.. Bring on touch n gos ! I was so happy the solo landing was good. I even heard instructor over radio saying " good Landing Dave " , i replied with " i know, thanks" haha. Very happy!