Say no more

Admin

Thanks Ian

We all do some silly thing's in our lives, sometimes we don't get away with it!

People who are extremely tired can make much worse decisions than those who are maybe just a little over the limit!

HUMAN FACTOR'S, How Do We All Deal With Them?

A Very Awakening Video

Fly Safe, Cheers Guy

• 1 year later...
Guest SAJabiruflyer

My father taught me a valuable lesson about drink driving not long after I got my licence. A mate and I were on his small farm, and my father got us to drive around a paddock which had a lot of saplings in it. We were able to drive quite fast and not hit them. Several hours later, several drinks in us, my father had my mate and I drive in the same paddock. What an eye opening experience. Reaction times shot, "care factor" about trying to avoid the trees non-existent, many saplings destroyed by our vehicle. A very sobering lesson, one which I am glad to have experienced.

Now I want to know why that advert is not on every single television station at prime time viewing at least once a day...that would have been the most poignant and powerful advert I have ever seen. That 5 mins and 22 sec clip would and should change lives

Mark

• Like 2

One of my sisters is a Parametic, still training.Been on the road for about 8 months or so.She went to a car crash in Beenleigh a couple of weeks ago.Typical story, stolen car, 16 year old girl driving now deceased in the accident.(I dont have a problem with her dieing, lifes a game and she lost, should never have stolen the car in the first place, but she hurt her friends,her passengers they survived with long term injuries, same again if your smart dont get in the car, if dumb, this sh^&t happens).Anyway there was 2 innocent bystanders in the other car that was hit by the 16 year old pleb.Massive crash is was,one poor bloke, no fault of his own, not drink driving or anything got hit by the 16 year pleb in the other car, poor bugger was realy in distress, half his nose was missing.He kept trying to feel for it.The missing bits, ny sister had to try and calm him down to give him a sedative.

Car accidents are always bad, like I said (this is realy going to annoy people Sorry). I IMO do not have a problem idiots killing themselves.I do have a problem with idiots taking other people with them, or hurting other people. Sorry guys.This post is realy out there.But it is reality.This stuff happens.

"care factor" about trying to avoid the trees non-existent

Therein lies the whole problem... what might seem like a good idea sober isn't so easily figured when under the weather.

I don't drink due to that very reason, I am accountable for my actions, so I don't wish to put myself in a position where I get to the stage where I don't make rational decisions. Self control goes to nil with alcohol. Which unfortunately is the reason a lot of people use drugs or alcohol to forget their problems for a few hours...

Like Dazza's nurse sister, though my Auntie was an ICU head nurse for a major hospital for many years, (also in the US) and with many other paramedic friends, and nurse cousins (seems riddled in our family!) the stories you hear are horrific!

Life is precious, it's when a drunkard kills someone else's child or loved one that really drives me mad.

• Like 2

Good Stuff Tomo.Im the youngest of 4 children. 2 sisters and one brother.Both my mother now retired 70 years old was a nurse until retirement. My eldest sister was a nurse as well for about 10 years.(hurt her back catching a patient falling out of bed. The other sister mentioned above as I have said is a parametic(still training).Health runs in families I guess.

Merry chrismas to all Police, Firemen , Doctors, Parametics and Nurses ,CFA ,SES and other health workers who see the carnage .

• Like 1