Tailwheel training

In April I'm packing the Harley up and taking a few months off work...I'm travelling from Cairns down the East Coast to Melbourne...to Adelaide..Perth...Broome...Darwin...Alice Springs and then back to Cairns, and all points in-between.

I'm considering doing my tail-wheel endorsement on the way somewhere...anyone have personal experience with a training establishment that they would recommend?

• 1 year later...
Does anyone know where I can do a tailwheel endorsement for Raaus in WA?

Top Fun Aviation @ Bindoon (1ookm N of Perth) have a Skyfox in the school for tailwheel training/emdorsements. <<[email protected]>> or o429 853 633 cheers

I did mine at Benalla vic,,top rates at $150hr, very easy going genuine and knolageable instuctor,,Jim Cuthill (Falcon Hawk airfield), trains in an enclosed t500 thruster,, 0358286428..

if you can peddal a thruster down the strip you will handle every other TW that follows..

Did my TW endorsement on the Sport Cub at Adelaide Biplanes, thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend them highly. Also did some hours there in the SuperCub plus a few hours in the Super Decathlon.

I dont own or fly a taildragger, just did it to improve my flying and see what it was like. Loved it all, the planes are in top condition, the whole environment is very professional. Of course the scenery doesn't go close to matching Goolwa................

Cheers Peter