Natfly 2011

Admin

One person on the RAAus board that works very hard for the Association and who is organising NatFly 2011, has organised some great forums for the members this year...whilst they are not confirmed completely here is what Carol has organised:

[ATTACH]13290.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]13289.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]13291.vB[/ATTACH]

fRIDAY FORUMS Draft.doc

Thursday Forums.doc

Saturday Forums.doc

fRIDAY FORUMS Draft.doc

Thursday Forums.doc

Saturday Forums.doc

fRIDAY FORUMS Draft.doc

Thursday Forums.doc

Saturday Forums.doc

Thanks Ian for the support. Natfly 2011 is shaping up to be a great event for aviators and enthusiasts. Some new features this year are: 1. Flypast Showcasing of recreational aircraft at lunch time. 2. Live internet streaming of Natfly for three days. 3. Local radio station broadcasting from Natfly 4. Jet boat races on Friday night at the lake (a 20 minute walk from the field) Additionally there are lots of forums and exhibits. Everyone is welcome - especially the non-pilot ladies for which there is a huge program ranging from ceramic painting to a wine, cheese, nibbles and jazz in the garden excursion. Hope to see you there. Cazza (Carol Richards)# 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

Guest burbles1

Cazza,

That is an extraordinary program, especially with so much more promotional activities. It keeps getting better every year. Thanks so much for being a rock solid performer in getting NatFly up once again.

Without seeming to be to stupid what is FLY Market???? Sue

It's where you can buy flies... we ship them down in containers.

No not really, I believe it's where you buy and sell stuff?

It's where you can buy flies... we ship them down in containers.No not really, I believe it's where you buy and sell stuff?

Erm, I think it was supposed to read "FLEA" market ? Or have I just not been exposed to enough Aussie aviator lingo yet?

Good stuff, by the way, Cazza. Can't wait to get on down there.

• 1 month later...

Can someone tell me if the Thursday Forum in Hangar A from 9 am - 12 noon "OB Maintenance Course" conducted by Steve Bell is repeated from 2pm-4pm, or is the 2pm-4pm session Part 2 of a two part course?

Also is this a mandatory RAAus course equivalent to the SAAA Maintenance Procedures Course mandated by CASA Instrument 43/11 (superseded by 56/11) ?

Clive

You have to wonder who owns this awfully out of date site.At the bottom of the page it says copyright to X-Air.

Ahh...the site is owned by none other than he who shall not be named but has the initials MC and featured in a coroners report linked in another thread.

Guest aussie carl

Don't know what all the above stuff is about and I don't realy care cause we are going to NATFLY . WOOOO HOOOOO !!!! BRING IT ON !

Guest aussie carl

BR

We are leaving Coffs Friday morning at sparrow fart. 7.00am hopfully earlier.

First stop Dubbo ETA 9.15am, refuel, stretch legs quick slash and off to Temora. Shouldn't take to long crusing at 120knots.

OH Man, I am SOOOO excited.

Hello everyone.

Am trying to find answers to your questions. No, the Aeroclub is selling Grog this year, so no dinner on Friday night, however, the food court

will be in operation and a bus will be going in and out of town for any eateries that are open.

An answer to the wayne mATTHEWS forum will be coming soon.

Program has changed hugely. Make sure you get the latest one when you arrive from the RA-Aus/Council Tent. Here is the latest one so far.

Cazza

Thurs prog tbl.pdf

Friday table.pdf

Saturday tble.pdf

Sunday Program Draft.pdf

Thurs prog tbl.pdf

Friday table.pdf

Saturday tble.pdf

Sunday Program Draft.pdf

Thurs prog tbl.pdf

Friday table.pdf

Saturday tble.pdf

Sunday Program Draft.pdf

PS, if anyone is driving down from Canberra and has a trailer and can bring 100 chairs let me know.

Also, I have a friend who has a room with a double bed (suitable for coupole) 10 minutes from the field, $90 per night including two breakfasts if you are interested, ring me on my mobile: 0407 574 467.

Cazza

Guest basscheffers
You have to wonder who owns this awfully out of date site.At the bottom of the page it says copyright to X-Air.

Well, I am not a fan of "domain squatting", but let's face facts here: RA-Aus couldn't keep their main website updated, so it's not like owning that domain would make them magically have a great NATFLY resource.

If and when they do decide they want to do something with it, they can always ask politely and if that doesn't work, yank it back because NATFLY was clearly an RA-Aus trademark before the site was registered. Although leaving it for this long won't work in their favour.

Guest ozzie
Its crazy... this is our Oshkosh and there is no Webpage to show what its all about. What a shame.

That is one thing i cannot work out either. maybe just an oversight.

It really is a shame... Just as an example today I went for a fly and posted the photos on my facebook page. Hundreds of people see these... if they like or comment on them as many have the link then goes onto their page and so on an so forth down the line... so from a couple of photos I am potentially able with one little facebook post to reach tens of thousands of people with the message "This is the aeroplane I flew today and look what fun it is"- this sort of publicity is priceless.

If Natfly had a web link (or indeed Ra-Aus had one for itself with Natfly on it that wasn't embarrassing to pass on) the benefit to the organisation would be priceless by linking it into the new social media that has become such a big part of modern life for so many of us.