QF 32 A380 story on Four Corners now

Spin

http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/view/741699

Glad I came across it, well made I thought and put a human face on the drama without doing the aca/tonight tearjerker. I would probably liked a bit more in depth technical stuff, but they pitched it right for most of the audience. It was quite an amusing aside to see that the first Alan Joyce knew of a problem was when the shares went into freefall.

It was quite an amusing aside to see that the first Alan Joyce knew of a problem was when the shares went into freefall.

I picked up on that also! Fortunately, it was only the shares that were falling!

Excellent job done by all involved in achieving the final outcome!

Frank.

All,

This was one of the best Four Corners programme I have seen. The day after the actaul event happening my Qantas mate (who was in the know) described it as a Mephis Belle situation. I now see what he meant. I thought the Qantas Captain and flight crew were great, they deserves two medals each.

Allegro 2000

Guest ozzie
I think Airbus aircraft have live telemetry back to the factory?

They sure do. The French airbus that went down in the storm last year was still tranmitting faults in it's final seconds.

My comment was more directed as to how quick Qantas reacted and grounded the fleet.

The captian was taken aback when his passengers pointed out to the TV in the terminal broadcasting of CNN's (i think it was)

reporting on his emergency and Qantas's grounding of the fleet.

No it's not insane jake.f. It is predictable. A small part that has been machined too thin on oneside nearly brings down the biggest aircraft in the world. Fuel spraying out of the left wing continuously. One spark away from disaster.. The crew had accumulated experience that day in the cockpit at a level that would never be available again, in any future situation. Something like 20.000 hours for each person there. They also worked in unison. No conflict, worked as a team.. Nev

To CFICARE,

I thought every pilot had seen the movie "The Memphis Belle", if not it is worth seeing. It is a story of a B17 on its 25th mission, then the aircrew are stood down and do not have to fight against Me 109s, FW 190s and of course Mr Flak again. The aircraft returns shoot to pieces, it is the story of the trip home and the landing. Surely this rings a "Belle".

Allegro 2000