THANKYOU CAZZA

Hi guys,

We have a thread running on Natfly asking for feedback on what could be improved... but we forgot one thing. We need to thank Carol for all her hard work on organizing the event this year and for all her hard work over the years as a Board Member first...

So...

To Carol, although I didn't attend Natfly I would like to say a heartfelt thankyou for your work for our Ra-Aus and in particular the work you have put in so that (even if we haven't yet attended) our organization can have a National Flyin.

Donald

Dear Carol,

It seems as though you have done two hard job very well (under the circumstances). I will stand in line for your memoirs 9and ask you to autograph).

Congratulations and thanks

Col

Guest David C

I'll echo all those sentiments .. Carol welcomed me on Saturday morning as is she knew me , what an ambassador for our movement ... If only the other executive members showed the same amount of enthusiasm and dedication we would be perceived as a more professional outfit ... The only other member of the executive I spotted was Eugene Reid , and I heard him before I spotted him !!! ... Enough said ..

Dave C

..To Carol for a magnificent job, well done, at Natfly 2011..

We also were not able to attend this year but met up with Carol last year. Congratulations Carol on a job well done we appreciated the organisation you put into giving us RA-Aus memebers a great time at Natfly. It is a pity that others couldn't do the same. We wish you well and hope to see you still wandering around next years Natfly.

I've thanked Carol a number of times, but if replies in this thread are to be the measure of her worth, then even the lurkers should post.

Well done Carol, and thanks again.

If I could do anything more about you getting shafted I would. (I poked a few hornet nests on the weekend)

Hear, Hear! Thank you Carol. I was astounded at what you had acomplished - I only became aware of it through reading posts on this forum. My husband and I have not been to a Natfly since it moved to Temora (time/distance being the issue). Are there any jobs that can be done by non-attenders? Perhaps outlining what tasks are on offer could flush out some of us who could do them.

Thanks again.

Sue

Hi Sue and everyone,

I am humbled by your thanks, but if Natfly is going to grow ( and there are many of the old guard who want it to remain as a chat fest with a cup of tea and nothing else), then we need people with skills and passion to take on a job and do it properly, on time and on a budget of nothing.

Sue there is a partial list of jobs that need to be driven by coordinators on the Natfly feedback thread. But since you asked, yes, you can do a job by remote. You can devise a brochure as a PDF file advertising Natfly and emailing it to all of the potential exhibitors that did NOT come this year. You can devise a brochure to send to all of the aeroclubs advertised in the magazine and encourage them to encourage their members to come. You can write articles for AOPA, WPA, SAAA, Antique aircraft Association in December, telling them what is on offer and inviting them and their members to Natfly 2012. Email me your details, and I will send you more information.

Striving for a better Natfly for members.

Cazza

Hear, hear. Good on ya, Carol!

From my point of view, your involvement in NATFLY is crucial to the success of the event in Temora.

I had a great time working with you and, if I didn't already make it clear before, I am putting up my hand to volunteer for next year now. I hope you are able to push on.

Regards,

Striving for a better Natfly for members.

Cazza

I have put up my hand, even though I have never been to a Temora NATFLY. Even if you don't go, you can still contribute something. Even if you think you are no good at anything, you can still be our "market resarch" group - the people we get to look at brochures/articles and ask, what have we forgotten? does this make sense to you? what plane is that? If you have been, you can contribute photos for our articles, pamphlets, promo gear etc. Thanks to all the people who have contributed their 2 bob's worth about the NATFLY experience - see, you CAN make a difference. As Carol keeps implying - this is OUR EVENT - the members make it what it is. From the volunteers mustering aircraft, to the pilots who bring them for people to see, to the members who welcome, chat and share knowledge. Each adds a bit to the experience, that says what a great sport this is to get involved in, what a great bunch we are.

So, email Carol and say you can do something. What better way to say thank you?

The pay is great, although I will have to share it with all those other volunteers ...... 019_victory.gif.9945f53ce9c13eedd961005fe1daf6d2.gif

Sue

Guest JRMobile

Could we please add our thanks, Carol, A special thanks to you and Sam for the welcome on Friday nights sing a long with Howard

John and Louise

Thanks Carol for all the things you have done for RAA. Not just NatFly.

Ditto