Goulburn to Natfly 2011

slartibartfast

Here's part 1 of my vid of the Natfly. Mainly, the flight there.

I have just bought a HD camera and PowerDirector9, so this is a learning experience.

Also, no external mic yet. I should have one next time. I like the way Dexter did his.

The audio from the camera was basically useless, so it's all some music I thought appropriate (and from my era).

Warning - it's 9 minutes of your life you will not get back.

Ever.

If you have to live 9 minutes longer, my work here is done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQa-XT8iOP4

PS - Go fullscreen. Change to HD if you can handle it.

Oh yeah - I sacked the continuity girl. She wouldn't put out. Ignore the obvious errors.

• Like 1

Guest Andys@coffs
And it was so nice of that man to spray the runway with foam just in case you screwed up the takeoff Slarti.

Not sure it was foam, just water, cause lets face it we need more water on the east coast, green things are loosing their green...as they decompose under water!!

At Coffs, in the last 29days we've have only 9 days without rain.....

Video was excellent. Slarti, what camera's did you use? I just recently got a pocket HD cam Samsung out of HK for the same purpose (It'll stay inside the cabin though) just a bit over $100Au has a 10MP sensor. I can see that the Fx Rate wont be good for the farmers but the cost of tech like this stuff is way down!. I must admit I cant see how the cheap HD cams that only have a 3 or 5MP sensor can actually generate HD, must be done through interpolation (Yuk!!) 3 x 1920 x 1080 (3 being R, G and B) ~6MP

Anything aviation based thats paid for in USD should also be the same I would have thought once local stock holdings are exhausted....If your the one with the local holdings I imagine there would be some involentary sphincter tighting occuring.....

Andy

Thanks guys.

Yep water - not foam. They were having a fire bombing practice day.

Andy, it's the Drift Innovation 170 HD.

I stick it around the plane with a suction cup mount

and some hundred mile an hour tape across the front to stop it lifting and to give me some warm and fuzzy.

I bought it from a Perth company online. I highly recommend them. They didn't have the spare higher capacity battery in stock, so when I asked for a loaner to get me through the weekend they cheerfully agreed and I had it the next day.

Now that's customer service.

Thanks again.

Dexter, I installed the 32 bit version to match the OS (Vista).

I've had almost no issues with it, just a couple of crashes.

I'm finding 4Gb of memory just enough. I'll add some more.

No trouble with sound, except that most of it was noise. I've ordered a mic adapter and a cable to patch the audio from the headset lead into it.

Only one camera. I used some footage from the weekend before for the wing mounted shots.Hence my continuity comment.

Glen, yes that was Maynard in front of me at Goulburn. Not for long though, you can see me slide underneath him just after take-off. I warned him of course.

I thought he was just doing a shakeout flight. I didn't think there was enough time for him to get to Temora, but he made it.

Even in the quietest moments in the early hours what a great HD vid to view. If this is the standard if your first effort I can't wait for the next instalment. The Cheetah still looks brand new. Great landing too. And you did take the weather with you. I watched it twice so there are 18 minutes I will never get back.

Cheers

Kevin

Thanks Kevin.

Thanks David. I had a ball hanging out with you crazy bastards too.

I'm going to include our flight together in the next video. Do you mind having your mug broadcast?

It will be interesting to see you trying to stall it.