DRIFTER GATHERING 2011

boleropilot

this year we're bringing it forward to try for some decent weather (2009 and 2010 blown out)

tentative date is Sunday 17th July, andbody know of any date clahses pls let me know asap

cheers

Boleropilot

sorry Alan, should have put in more info, just getting started getting everybody notified properly

it's traditionally held at Boonah, we call it a 'breakfast' so we don't have insurance hassles and the need for all sorts of public/visitor 'safety arrangements'

sunday is a good day for it so those coming a long way can spend saturday getting there, stay the night (camping OK either underwing or in the hangar) then zip off at lunchtime sunday

when i have all the final info i'll make formal posts

cheers

BP

Guest Maj Millard

Anyone looking for a good Drifter?..My previously owned 582 Cable braced 25-0452 will be on the market again soon. It has just been fitted with new Wayne Fisher skins all round, and the current owner has done some cockpit mods whilst he has owned it. The aircraft has always been hangared and always well maintained. Currently it would have about 650 genuine hours with a no damage history. Current owner has recently purchased a Pulsar XP so the Drifter has to go.

Current owner is our forumite KB59 if you wish to contact him direct.................................................Maj...

• 2 weeks later...

date is confirmed as sunday 17th july 2011 !!!!!

location is Boonah Airfield, Flying Tigers hangar

breakfast is $5, free REAL MEN FLY TAILDRAGGERS sticker to all pilots

(if that offends you, turn up anyway, someone will lend you their sense of humour for the day)

any more info required, post your question here or PM me

hope to see plenty of you there on the day, ALL aircraft/aviators welcome

cheers

BP

ah c'mon Frank, it's only a couple of thousand klicks from your place:rofl:

if you leave now, you might just make it in time......008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

cheers m8, sorry we won't see ya on the day:crying:

BP

date is confirmed as sunday 17th july 2011 !!!!!location is Boonah Airfield, Flying Tigers hangar

breakfast is $5, free REAL MEN FLY TAILDRAGGERS sticker to all pilots

(if that offends you, turn up anyway, someone will lend you their sense of humour for the day)

any more info required, post your question here or PM me

hope to see plenty of you there on the day, ALL aircraft/aviators welcome

cheers

BP

You might want to make some “REAL WOMAN FLY TAILDRAGGERS” stickers before Sandra reads this.:big_grin:

Kiwi

• Like 1

BP, The way the wind has been blowing here, if I`d left yesterday,heading south,I`d be over Cairns by now !!! 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

Kiwi, A lady called Sandra and her partner were students of mine! She was a fine pilot in the Drifter!!!

They owned a Drifter for several years then went to a Lightwing.

Some women do fly Tail Dragers!!! :thumb_up:

Frank.

Ps, For those who don`t know, Cairns is 45 k north of here.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

What happens at your gathering? I am about to start my conversion training in a drifter and wouldn't mind dropping in for a look. Probably not in the Drifter by that date though.

Boonah is east of the range right?

Cheers,