what ya think?

This is my Vampire as it is now...

I am thinking of a repaint, all red areas will be painted Gloss Black, the rest will remain polished alloy, the Sadler vampire writing will be painted in Matt Black...

what ya think??

also thinking of trimming the cockpit in tan leather...

I reckon red suits her. You do have to put the name on though. Did you settle on one? I am now leaning toward "Vlad the Impala" - a pun referring to her speed. Although I'm sure I didn't need to explain that.

It does look great too. I'm looking forward to seeing you and the vampire at Narrandera.

Ross

Guest Fred Bear

I personally like the red.As Geoff stated too, they are way faster 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif Be prepared for the black to heat you up much more too. I have a black car...

I agree with Darren the black will build heat up more than red. I spose the Aircraft is hangered anyway but anything glass doesn't like too much heat. Anyhoo the red looks rooly good. Have you ever tried to keep a black vehicle clean?

Stay with the red Rob, I think you'll be dissappointed with black in the long run. She is after all, the Ferrari of the skies, isn't she? In what way is she 'tempremental'? I've not heard of any adverse comments before.

Safe flying, Doug

Colour

Red is deadly, Red means aggression. They charge more to insure red cars in England (so I'm told ) for the above reason.,so that means you should stick with it.

Hey! How come you have anough time to repaint little bits of plane & contribute to this forum? N......

...and red is SEXY!!!

Chris...you're easily pleased!

The touch of a warm female is my idea of sexy. fffffffff I must stop thinking about it.

Colours don't turn me on...but then I'm from a different generation.

And I haven't quite reached the stage of being turned on by anything mechanical...the closest would possibly be a BRG Jaguar XK8 fixed head coupe.

Anyway, I reckon 'Ultralights' Sadler Vampire would look good (and I don't mean sexy) with bright yellow replacing the red and the white printing replaced by flat black, with a thin flat black line separating the yellow from the polished aluminium.

Bruce

Guest Crash Lander

What about, instead of the black, an iridescent midnight blue where the red is. I know blue aint the best colour for spotting you in the sky, but it couldn't be harder to see than black.

If you wanted to get fancy, you could put a touch of orange, starting at the nose quite bright, and slowly fading as it goes back through the blue, like it's heating up on re-entry!

Call her 'The Phoenix' or something like that.

I'll go back to my medication now.

As mentioned above, black is not a good colour to put onto fibreglass.:;)1:

It has been done however, in fact the whole plane was painted black, with gold pinstriping (in the theme of the John Player Special F1 race cars) looked good.024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Just can't find a picture of it. :;)4:

Another idea would be to paint the whole plane red (they go faster) 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif then add some trim.

Some left the factory like this.

Fully painted is also good from a corrosion and cleaning point of view.:;)3:

Arthur.

5851.jpg.945dc295af64223882a850f4e2db7da1.jpg

da7c.jpg.98cc84f3aea11b515159a04d965fddfa.jpg

Guest Fred Bear

Hey David,

Sorry I missed you when you took off Saturday. I got tied up on the Drifter I think. When you coming out again next? Was good to meet you. I think you should call her "Interview with the ultralight" or "Interview with the Rotax". Time for me to take my happy pills again too I think...

hahaha, interview with the Rotax, funnily enough i am getting up close and very personal with the rotax at the moment...

Not bad for 150 hrs!

though i have been thinking of a name, only 1 so far...

Temptress Two.

Guest Crash Lander
hahaha, interview with the Rotax, funnily enough i am getting up close and very personal with the rotax at the moment...

Not bad for 150 hrs!

though i have been thinking of a name, only 1 so far...

Temptress Two.

How about "Temptress Nine One Two" (assuming its a Rotax 912 engine)

Sorry I had to leave Darren but life was a calling. I've tried to get some airtime twice this week but so far zilch:confused: Next five days are subject to the dreaded call of work so I'll see what happens after that.

Meantime back to a name for the Vampire, how about "rotaxula" or even "count(or countess) rotaxula".

David