OzRunways 2.0 now available!

Guest OzRunways

Thanks GG. The centre panel (which is about an inch proud of the main flight panel) of the Morgan Sierra is just too narrow for the iPad. It would overhang the edges. I guess the iPad just wasn't designed with standard avionics unit widths (6.25") in mind. John.

P.S. I did notice the question had been asked before ... after I made posted the question.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd probably go for a knee pad mount before fitting a flexible arm. A yoke mount is out of the question because the Sierra has a centre mounted control stick. Just like the Victa 115 I learned to fly on in 1970. John..

Anyone know if there are any YouTubes on using OR? We have several students & pilots who have subscribed to the app recently and are looking for some starter guidance.. time that we dont always have to give them.

John

Thanks GG. The centre panel (which is about an inch proud of the main flight panel) of the Morgan Sierra is just too narrow for the iPad. It would overhang the edges. I guess the iPad just wasn't designed with standard avionics unit widths (6.25") in mind. John.John I have also been toying with the idea of the iPad in the Sierra and understand that it won't fit in the centre section but thought it could be fitted flush (without cutting) over the centre section using a portrait shape with some sort of mount or velcro set-up. I realise it would still overhang marginally and take up that whole area but would make it portable, look ok and solve the problem. Not sure but just a thought as a solution to use OzRunways in the Sierra. As I said still only thinking on this one.

Rob

Whoops!: One of our students bought ipad and ozrunways and discovered today that his new ipad doesnt have a gps! He didnt want a sim - but should have specified gps. I know there are external gps available - but has anyone had experience with different brands? And does the external work as well as inbuilt?

Whoops!: One of our students bought ipad and ozrunways and discovered today that his new ipad doesnt have a gps! He didnt want a sim - but should have specified gps. I know there are external gps available - but has anyone had experience with different brands? And does the external work as well as inbuilt?

Hi Chris on the Oz Runway Web site.Under FAQ, there is a great explaination on what model of IPAD is needed and/ or what external GPS device is needed.Also I dont have one myself yet (Im saving).

Hi Chris on the Oz Runway Web site.Under FAQ, there is a great explaination on what model of IPAD is needed and/ or what external GPS device is needed.Also I dont have one myself yet (Im saving).

Txs Dazza - Just had a look and it seems the go is a: Dual Electronics iPad GPS with Bluetooth (Dual XGPS150A). Anyone know if they are available in Australia? (I did a quick search and seems ex-USA only)

Hi Oz,

When are you likely to make an edition for those people who didnt sell out to the Apple Cult?

Are you gonna make one for Android? At least Apple dont take half your profits!!

Look forward to it on my samsung tablet, it looks great.

Jonathan

• Like 1

Seriously, I have to jailbreak the ipad to use generic (aka ebay purchased) GPS receiver? I dont have an ipad, so didnt have any idea it was restricted like that. Why wouldnt you buy an ipad with inbuilt GPS. Does it have performance/battery/etc issues?

You can use the inbuilt GPS, but if you have on your knee when you are flying you may not get a good signal. With a bluetooth GPS you can put where you want to get an adequate signal. Apple make sure you use only thier or approved products and then charge heaps for the privilige, thats why jailbreaking is a great idea (and its free).