Have you voted in the RAAus Elections yet?

Have you voted in the RAAus Elections yet?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Have you voted in the RAAus Elections yet?

• Yes!
    • No...but I'm just off to do it now!
    • No...I don't think it's worth it.
    • No...because I haven't got my magazine yet. Grrrr!
    • I'm not an RAAus member.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how do I get a spare ballot paper?

hi Hildy, Call the RA Office in Canberra. There have been others in your situation who have had papers replaced (i understand).

Cheers

Col

vote Col 1, vote Don 2

I've kept a photocopy of the one I sent in which I'd prepared to let you have to send in 065_evil_grin.gif.2006e9f40863555e5894f7036698fb5d.gif

but you will need whiteout to fix up Don's number placement errors:rolleyes:

Col

vote Col 1 vote Don 2

43 votes ans 26 maybes a NATIONAL total for this site CFI, so you may well see just that. It's interesting seeing some of the demands and expectations on other threads here, but no direction given to elect board members (new and old) who's job it is to meet those expectations. Bizarre in some ways.

One of the issues with these elections that I have found is more than half the people I have spoken to did not even know that the ballot paper was under the plastic covering the magazine. Hence the ballot paper and accompanying envelope went out in the garbage. I know this is academic now but the ballot paper should be inserted in the magazine where it will fall into people's laps.

However there still is another couple of issues with elections and that is, you then have to actually fill it out, and wait for it......go and mail it, which requires going to a post box. Then the next issue is the people that have plenty to say and complain about but can't be bothered to vote! Maybe the voting would get a greater response if it was done online! I think there are ways that it can be done securely online.

Anyway I agree if there is a low percentage of voters it does not really show that people care. It is your organization so people should vote. People like myself bother to give of our time for free to try and contribute so people should be bothered to vote. How we get that message out to the membership needs to be explored.

One other issue is the many people that just motor along and while everything appears to be okay they are happy until something goes wrong and then the organization is the worst in the world.

Just thoughts.

Cheers

Lorraine

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well Pow, I don't think your strategy worked

So far, out of about 5000 who use this site:

If we count the "Yes" + "Gunnas" + "Haven't got my magazine yet" we get just 75

75 out of 5000????????????????????????????

Guest davidh10
Well Pow, I don't think your strategy workedSo far, out of about 5000 who use this site:

That just means that 75 members are willing to Post.

The real indication will be the participation rate and results in the election. That should be interesting and will demonstrate the real level of influence due to content on this site.

Well Pow, I don't think your strategy workedSo far, out of about 5000 who use this site:

Oh well...I tried. Seemed like a good idea at the time. Hopefully quite a few noticed the thread title and were reminded to vote, but didn't vote in this poll.

NSW/ACT election winner - Don Ramsay 1 daylight 2.

congratulations Don and may you fare well. see you at the AGM

Col

There is a Bye-election coming up - Vote Col 1

• Like 2