Have you voted in the RAAus Elections yet?

Have you voted in the RAAus Elections yet?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Have you voted in the RAAus Elections yet?

• Yes!
    • No...but I'm just off to do it now!
    • No...I don't think it's worth it.
    • No...because I haven't got my magazine yet. Grrrr!
    • I'm not an RAAus member.

I thought I'd start this poll hopefully to keep the election in people's minds and serve as a reminder. Remember votes for the RAAus election need to reach their offices by the 12th of August. Happy Voting!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats right! ...compulsory vote!no vote ...no membership..........

Hard-core! Might work, though!

I voted. Read the candidates' statements. Hopefully these elections till inject new life into the board.

Haven't got my magazine yet - where is the option for "I would but there's no candidate to vote for"? ie there's was no contested position in my State.Sue

Sorry Sue and CFI....silly me didn't think of that option.

I'm taking advantage of the fact that (I think) every time someone votes the poll thread will show up in the "What's New" search. So it's just a way of having the "Have you voted yet" title pop up every now and then and remind people about it.

Any reason you'd like to share with us Pud?

As far as I am aware BlackRod, I don't have a choice of candidates to vote for here in WA.

I will be looking with interest on proceedings in other states though:big_grin:

Pud

As far as I am aware BlackRod, I don't have a choice of candidates to vote for here in WA.I will be looking with interest on proceedings in other states though:big_grin:

Pud

Hi Pud

If you check your Magazine you will find you have a choice of Candidates

Best Regards

ED:plane:

Hi PudIf you check your Magazine you will find you have a choice of Candidates

Best Regards

ED:plane:

Thanks for that Ed

Well once I get the magazine I guess I'll find out - looks like I'll be voting after all.

Who are the candidates for WA?

Thanks for that EdWell once I get the magazine I guess I'll find out - looks like I'll be voting after all.

Hi Pud

If i had my Magazine i could tell you. A friend told me there were 2 Candidates for WA

Best Regards

ED

Thanks for that EdWell once I get the magazine I guess I'll find out - looks like I'll be voting after all.

Hi Pud,

Surprisingly, I have got my magazine! Your candidates in WA are the sitting member, Edwin Smith, and Gavin Thobaven.

Peter

Hi Pud,Surprisingly, I have got my magazine! Your candidates in WA are the sitting member, Edwin Smith, and Gavin Thobaven.

Peter

Thanks Pow,

Now I know a little about E Smith, but Gavin is a mystery to me???

You on here Gavin? :big_grin:

Pud

Thanks Pow,Now I know a little about E Smith, but Gavin is a mystery to me???

You on here Gavin? :big_grin:

Pud

Hi Pud

In my humble opinion and for what it is worth, Ed Smith is one of the good guys currently on the board and i mean no dispespect at all to the other WA contender, ( Gavin... and all the best to him as well ) because i know nothing about him. I believe that Ed Smith should get at least one more term to consolidate his good work so far. Sometimes our Reps do stuff quietly and constructively behind the scenes and partly due to the lack of access to the RA-Aus Data Base even by a Board Member, it can be difficult to communicate to the Members. My suggestion to all Members is that they email their local Board Member Rep with their contact details if they wish to communicate with the Rep reguarly or at all. Which is exactly what i will be asking the SA Members to do if i happen to be successful at this election.

Best Regards

:contract:ED

Yes a big thanks to the extra candidates who are prepared to put their hands up. If there is a poor voting response, I would see that as disappointing. I've always believed that it is not too much to expect a good voting response. What would a lack of it indicate? Nev

Yes a big thanks to the extra candidates who are prepared to put their hands up. If there is a poor voting response, I would see that as disappointing. I've always believed that it is not too much to expect a good voting response. What would a lack of it indicate? Nev

1. They are happy to let anyone run the organisation as long as it is not them.

2. They just couldn't care less as long as they can keep flying.

3. A bit like Council Members or Members of Parliament they have never met their representative so why should they vote for them.

4.Candidates only want a position of power and couldn't care less about representing the people who voted them in.

5. This one probably beats the lot....they are just too LAZY.

• Like 1

Got my magazine tonight so I can read all about the prospective board members.... YESSS!!

I have visited Bindoon a couple of time but never come across Gavin.

It's a bit of a novelty having a choice of board member for WA.

Pud

Guest davidh10
I just jumped in the car and ... it is raining datsun cogs here at the moment.

Shouldn't have dropped the clutch in your hurry to get your magazine, Don. 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

The front cover of the Mag features the Carbon Cub. I wonder if the marketers of that aircraft are concerned they may an extra tax soon 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif.

Seriously though, I'm not sure RA-Aus should be promoting the Carbon Cub. It is a truly magnificent and utterly desirable aeroplane - if you have a spare quarter million dollars. The STOL demo at NATFLY was spectacular and not much short of Vertical!

My small issue is that its specs do not "respect", for the want of a better word, the 600kg MTOW rule. They've had to bend the rules in the USA to get it into LSA there by the way they specify cruise engine revs. That's not a problem here and is more an indicator of how silly the speed limit is in the US. Here the problem, if you can call it that, is that it has a very substantial (423 kg) claimed empty weight, in no small part due to its massive 180hp engine. Flying it within RA-Aus LSA is a bit of a stretch of the imagination. Empty plus full fuel = 500kg. Better not plan on carrying a passenger or flying very far with only 90 odd litres total fuel with a burn rate for 180 HP of ? and a 45 minute reserve?

Again, the problem is perhaps the MTOW rule rather than the take-off weight of the Carbon Cub. But, should RA-Aus be promoting an aircraft that, realistically, does not fit into the rules and is almost certainly going to be flown over-weight?

I noticed that.... so I started a thread...

Pud.

Gavin T could have waved his hat at you during the Bindoon CASA presentation but considering there were over a hundred attendees, perhaps it's not strange that you missed him. Anyway, come back up any time as it would be a rare weekend that he isn't 'in harness' at Bindoon. I share your thoughts regarding the novelty of actually getting to cast a vote for choice of Board representation in WA. Second time in ten years if I remember correctly. How to handle this pressure??? Cheers

Pud.Gavin T could have waved his hat at you during the Bindoon CASA presentation but considering there were over a hundred attendees, perhaps it's not strange that you missed him. Anyway, come back up any time as it would be a rare weekend that he isn't 'in harness' at Bindoon. I share your thoughts regarding the novelty of actually getting to cast a vote for choice of Board representation in WA. Second time in ten years if I remember correctly. How to handle this pressure??? Cheers

G'day Riley,

Funny how I walk around with my eyes shut and my hearing aids turned off sometimes!!!

To be sure, I'll be calling in again but maybe not soon as I need to run the new 582 in this weekend and get some flying done in the circuit - it's been so long I'm more than a bit rusty.

Cheers,

Pud