war has been declared

on C A S A incompent to say the least when in writing my solictor did in writing make a complaint against

C A S A LAME

accredited auf amateur built 19 category authorised inspector

accredited auf level 2 maintenance authority holder

the repair done on my plane was NOT done to air worthy safety standared yet when the repairer sighned the maintainance release and i complained about the work it had nothing to do with them

RAA AUS received a letter from my solictor the same story it was nothing to do with them

why are the so called ones at the top of the tree not interested when the problem is put in writing

the plane in this story after the repaires was a accident waiting to happen

apparantly i am not a responsible pilot for reporting something that in my oppinion would have devestating conseqences

insurance was the same story why should we bother with this person as an individule complaining to them was dont waste our time your problem

i have never sighned the insurance release form so i there for claim that the plane has been repaired

if this story dose not get to you dont fly neil

apparantly i am not a responsible pilot for reporting something that in my oppinion would have devestating conseqences

Well you might be S/house at spelling Storchy, but you most certainly ARE a responsible pilot, so you don't have to take that from either body.

Now let's see LAME stands for Licenced Aircraft Mechanical Engineer.

Who Licensed him?

storchy...i'd suggest that our friends at casa were not concerned because it was a "Raa matter"...if it was a VH- reg a/c ...they may have cared more......

as for RAA..(i don't even know if its Raa registered)...and i dont know the problem , but

if its unairworthy...dont fly it..

if its been repaired as the result of an incident and the insurance company are coming to the party....let them know the repairs are sub-standard and dangerous....

plane rego 25 4524 rego neil

Well CASA has the responsibility, and need to investigate what one of their licensees has done.

i could not agree more how in the hxx do i get through to casa that this lame is not doing work to a standard of air saftyhad this been a truck i know for a fact that a truck would be grounded and i would be walking home neil

No, it goes beyond a civil matter, and CASA really should investigate. A LAME has signed off on (apprantly) sub-standard not-safe-to-fly work. Its been picked up in this case, but how many others have slipped through unnoticed? how many of his/her customers are flying around with unsafe repairs? Its a public saftey matter.

I'd start by getting a second opinion on the repairs (always important to have an independant view). Then by calling CASA and asking to speak to a saftey advisor. CASA has a number of saftey advisors who, from my understanding, should at least be able to tell you where to go next, or be able to get the complaint moving appropriately within CASA.

Oh, and if you get no joy, contact the Minister's office and ask them to ask CASA why they didn't investigate the complaint. I assure you government departments respond very quickly when the minister wants to know something.

My understanding was the LAME license had nothing to do with RA-Aus? When they sign off an RA-Aus aircraft i thought they are using their RA-Aus L2 maintainers licence and not their LAME licence.

I also thought RA-Aus was setup to get away from the CASA way of doing things and the inherent costs involved.

Dodgy work is dodgy work no matter who "licences" the individual though. It should be a pretty simple Trade Practices case at the very least I would have thought?

The LAME needs to have RAA Level 2 approval authortity to sign work. Who is actually saying the work is below par?? and what qualification do they have ?? or experience and what standards are used [eg FAA or manufactures ] to evaluate the repair/servicing. You will need this info to make a complaint to Ra-Aus Cheers