Google Earth Aeroplanes

P4D

That's not it's shadow. Look at the second bridge and note it's shadow direction. That puts the sun to the north east (roughly) The planes 'shadow' puts the sun south east. Also, why is 'it' multi-coloured instead of 'black'? Please don't say water refraction.

It looks fake to me. It has no profile & has a black border all round it not just on the shadow side like the houses etc & what on earth is that multicoloured thing in front of it. If the black border is it's shadow, it's flying lower than the bridge to the left and all the trees. Very odd.

It looks fake to me. It has no profile & has a black border all round it not just on the shadow side like the houses etc & what on earth is that multicoloured thing in front of it. If the black border is it's shadow, it's flying lower than the bridge to the left and all the trees. Very odd.

Mate, have you seen the aircraft parked at any airport in GE ? If your observations are correct, they're all fake. Take a look at Heathrow - looks like a major shopping centre parking lot.

I find it a bit interesting trying to track the line along the runway looking for the furthest aircraft taking off away from / landing towards the runway.

Cheers,

Take a look at Heathrow - looks like a major shopping centre parking lot.

Looks like Heathrow to me and all the aircraft have correct shadows and they are on the ground. The resolution of the aerial shot of Heathrow is far better and in the Burrum pic it is poor so there is no depth of field so it looks like it is at river height. I don't think it is fake it just looks fake. The A/C is just an outline unlike the Heathrow shot in which you can determine the A/C type, airline by colour scheme etc