Ipad Mount

emaroo

• 2 weeks later...

Check these out RAM Mounts @ www.ram-mount.com

I have used 1 for my old GPS 90 for years (far better than the original) and recently got 1 for my iPhone.

Not the cheap fleamarket stuff, build like the proverbial brick out house.

Available from Johnny Appleseed GPS here in Brissy ( I have no connection with Johnny Appleseed but will be asking for a discount next time).

• 5 months later...
Just wondering if anyone has mounted an ipad in a j230. What mount was used and where the best place to mount the ipad in the plane. Any photos would be helpful.Cheers Rick

Ozrunways have one but then problem for me is where to put it... Not much room left in the front and can't see where I'm going until the tail comes, anyway.

Mt TFT screen running off the laptop is mounted above the pax door in front of a head if one is seated there, but it's a bit smaller than the iPad and ther ain't room for both.

I've been wondering if I could have it on a swinging mount from the transverse member at the top of the windshield so I could drop it down when wanted, but...I like being able to glance at it anytime I want :-(

Kaz

Have you seen the ipad knee dock? http://kneedock.com.au/

I use a kneedock, same as mentioned by Acky. I also use a standard kneeboard for paper copies of my flight plan - ipad on the left, and kneeboard on the right (I'm right handed, so can write on the paper plan without crossing my arms!).

The iPad is quite large, so if you've got space for one on your panel, then you obviously haven't spent enough money on instrumentation! augie.gif.8d680d8e3ee1cb0d5cda5fa6ccce3b35.gif

Mal.

• 3 months later...

Just to let everyone know (site owner's privilege 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif) but I have just added 2 types of IPAD Kneeboards into the Recreational Flying Pilot Shop...if that helps anyone

What kind of Android devices?

Ahhh, that's the question, isn't it. :) Unlike the Apple devices there are a prolifera of Android devices having different shapes, etc. This makes it difficult for the retailer and I understand that. So let me tell you what I have now and that may serve as a guide.

I use a Samsung Galaxy Nexus phone as my Android device. Anything larger is just too unwieldly for a knee board. In any case the display is about 300mm from my eye so nothing larger is needed.

The knee board I use now is one I made myself by taking a "universal" holder and bolting it to a plain knee board. This works fine but is a big bulkier than I like, mainly because of the universal holder. I bought the parts from an overseas supplier - I won't give the links here. If a better purpose built product was available I would be interested. And, of course, I always prefer to do business with an Australian retailer when ever possible.

I hope that gives you some ideas.

Please correct me if I am wrong but what you are saying is a way to have your mobile phone, of varying sizes, strapped around your thigh like kneeboards are...is that right?

oo

L

Please correct me if I am wrong but what you are saying is a way to have your mobile phone, of varying sizes, strapped around your thigh like kneeboards are...is that right?

Yes, that is what I'm saying. As I said above I understand the number of different Android phone shapes does cause a real problem. I don't know if such a product even exists

.Looking at your iPad product it looks big. I doubt whether I would fit in the cockpit with than on.