RAA Membership $$$$

Guest aussie carl

An amazing thread, which explains why so many companies do not work on a "cost plus margin" basis, but a "what the market will bear" basis which allows in some cases several thousand per cent margins.

A successful marketer knows that market perception, not reality is what carries the weight.

I've mentioned previously how I was able to administer 1100<1500 people at 40 cents per person.

Turn the argument around and ask yourself what it would cost for your touchpoints - recording your annual subscription and mailing out your card. Remember, unlike some of the other activities above where your subscription includes training, equipment and facilities, you pay for these yourself hourly and THAT subscription leaves most of the other sports for dead.

Think about it, how would you administer the activity, how many people would you need, what would the cost be and divide that by 10,000.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Illegal hours if you have not paid your membership!!Pud

Not if i fly in the US under FAR 103 in a borrowed Lazair and that is now definatly on the cards for 2012.

BTW is it mandatory for a GA pilot to have insurance like we must?

Guest metalman

I'm glad I read right through this before pulling the trigger, Carl good to hear your still going to fly.

As for nearly every winge in this thread , really ,$185 would be a cheap day out in an aircraft, and that is the bottom line ! I don't give a rats ass about websites, magazines or any of the side issues brought up here, I want to fly airplanes ,that's all, and the rest is just whining , so my thoughts are that what we have is a typical aeroclub scene,,,,,a few who are keen to fly and do it regularly,,,a few who are kinda keen but don't fly alot,,,,and a lot who sit around talking about flying and telling the rest how good they are and whining about how good it was in the old days, so this is how I deal with the last group,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I turn my back and look for a PILOT to chat with and I don't get involved with tight ass whingers!!!! 026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

Guest aussie carl

Cool thanks fellas. Passed the Human Factors exam last week. Far ou that is the most boring uninteresting subject.

BAK and some solo hrs to go.

Human factors is NOT a most boring and unintersting subject at all it's just the (poor)way it has been presented. At this stage, not one of our best achievements. It's an area where true benefits in safety are possible, at a small cost. (relatively) Nev

Cool thanks fellas. Passed the Human Factors exam last week. Far ou that is the most boring uninteresting subject.BAK and some solo hrs to go.

Well done Carl. I passed my HF exam today....just. I've been putting it off until last knowing I would struggle with it. compress.gif.fe2f1703f181408c4947cc1d378facee.gif

I agree Nev, I found it fascinating, but its implementation is woeful. In my textbook there was pages and pages of stuff about how memory works, perception filters, SHELL models, arcane acronymns, large and complicated flow diagrams, quotes from psychological texts etc, but precious little to apply it to the cockpit. I was disappointed that the exam asked things like how long to wait after scuba diving before flying (important only for those who dive and fly), but nothing about collision avoidance for example (important for everyone who flies).

Membership fees have escalated for just about any organisation. Must be the fact that digital is faster, more efficient and uses less paper! Ha! Compared to many others, RAAus isn't too bad, and there is value in what you 'receive'.

My GA costs are considerable - my annual medicals run to around $400 pa when you add in stress ECG's, 5 year audio tests, and the ever more frequent eye tests. My Grade 1 IR renewal costs me $500 plus $300 travel every 2 years but then again, that's not much more than my SI/CFI renewal under RAAus - which is also every other year. (Why do I need both you may ask?) I'm also a 15 year member of SAAA,($170), 48 years of AOPA,($150), and 10 years of my local aero club. My ag. consultants association is $350 pa. It's never ending!

I do like the split membership idea. I think you should be able to opt out of the magazine - but if you do, don't complain about not being kept informed about RAAus matters. You can't have it both ways!

happy days,

• Like 1