Did you read Biggles when you were a youngster?

winsor68

Did you read Biggles when you were a youngster?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Did you read Biggles when you were a youngster?

• Yes... I read every book I could get my hands on.
    • Biggles..? Wasn't he something to do with Snoopy and the Red Baron?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about "CHICKEN MAAANN, he's every where, he's everywhere!"BP Pickabox with Bob and Dolly Dyer.

Kid Grayson Rides the Range

And of course, Dad and Dave

Pud

Chickenmaaan?? Cripes Pud, I suspected you were old but I never figured THAT old. Up till now I reckoned it was only myself and my 150-year-old ex-NZ flatmate from Perth that would remember the 'fearless white-winged warrior'... and now YOU! I can only assume that your professional counselling sessions have had no positive effect but no matter, me and yer Mum are still proud of you (despite what the neighbours say).

• Like 2

Professional counselling Riley??? Not from listening to the great white-winged warrior surely - more likely needed by all those ol'buggars here who still have all those Biggles books from the early part of last century. Come to think of it - you would probably have a few eh Riley? 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

Pud

Jees Pud,I remember Chicken man as plain as day, I can still here the ridiculous jingle in my head.

Does that mean I am old as you and Riley ... baby.gif.168ad10e40c5845c810810951ae4106c.gif

Shite David, I've just spent 24 hours getting that jingle out of my head. now it's back stronger than ever - you old coot!!

Looks like I'm gonna have to join all the Biggles fans in therapy.

Pud

Jees Pud,I remember Chicken man as plain as day, I can still here the ridiculous jingle in my head.

Does that mean I am old as you and Riley ... baby.gif.168ad10e40c5845c810810951ae4106c.gif

You wish, young fellah, you wish... I can remember rushing to get airborne out of Richmond in the Caribou, so we could dial up triple J and listen to Chickenman's latest exploits/catastrophy. I can't remember the names of the shock jocks who ran the early morning show, but jeez louise, even in the free wheeling 70s, they used to come out with some pretty rough stuff. I remember it was the consensus in the squadron that to be that rough, they had to be wearing hession underpants. 035_doh.gif.37538967d128bb0e6085e5fccd66c98b.gif

• Like 1

I shouldn't be answering, I should be working ... of course I am working on the PC but these bloody pesky emails keep distracting me when someone posts on the forum.

We are coming your way in the morning Wayne, but the weather forecast and Peel river flood warnings are making it look like it will be interesting.

Regards,

It is pretty intriguing when you are old enough to remember the introduction of the 'automatic' telephone from 'party line' telephony; the introduction of television and then later 'PAL' colour TV.The building of the Berlin wall and then later the pulling down of it ...

And I am not even 60 years old yet ...

I would only have to be a about 5 years older to have seen the Formation of the nations of Israel and the Peoples Republic of China ...

What will the next 50 years be like ... the way we are going ... scary ... very scarey.

And the formation of some other nations containing 20% of the world's population: India, Pakistan and Bangladesh.

I'd forgotten about that. Used to listen to the Lone Ranger and Superman as well (OK, I was a bit younger then!).026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gifrgmwa

Hi Ho Silver... Away!!! Faster than a speeding bullet... And..... Smoky Dawson!

kaz

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
Guest aussieaviatrix
I'm of the opinion that the Biggles books, and maybe even the Billabong series, were to our generation as the Harry Potter Books are to our Grandsons. 062_book.gif.f66253742d25e17391c5980536af74da.gif

Dunno about just your generation -- I'm a long time fan of Billabong, Biggles, Trixie Belden and when I was younger again, Enid Blyton. Plus there's more I can't think of off the top of my head.

I've loved Biggles since I was about 12, and I'm working on collecting the whole series. It's taking a while.......!

ah biggles... many a late night reading by torchlight, and mum coming in... 'what are you doing, go to sleep sweety!!' along with hardy boys, three investigators, and whatever else i could get my hands on! Is there a grown ups version on Biggles? I've read a couple of WWII novels, but are there any good aviation series around?

ah biggles... many a late night reading by torchlight, and mum coming in... 'what are you doing, go to sleep sweety!!' along with hardy boys, three investigators, and whatever else i could get my hands on!

I had a carbon copy experience to yours!!

Guest aussieaviatrix
Came across this website a while back. There are 101 Biggles books apparently, but I only got through 86.rgmwa

You did better than me, I'm up to around nearly the 60 mark. Haven't found any new ones for while though....

There's actually a Biggles forum out there as well, definitely worth a look if you get the chance: http://biggles.freepowerboards.com/index.php

There's a stack of information on there, plus a lot of fun, but not so useful stuff! 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif