Second Nav - Done!

This nav was all about diversions. I planned a much larger route, but we never got to one of them because of (imaginary) bad weather.

I also had to navigate to a turning point that was a tiny little town on a flat plain. No large paved runway to identify it with this time!

Track was YBLT - Woorndoo - YARA - YBLT.

It was two and a bit hours of great fun! Next: solo nav! 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

Full story (if you wanna) here.

• Like 5

Good work Evan, I found on my solo Nav I was sooo busy I can hardly remember the scenery! But the satisfaction of seeing the home 'drome come into sight cannot be replaced ..... especially when you look at the GPS plot, overlay it over your planned track and can measure how accurate your track was (one or two small wiggles where you can tell I saw my next waypoint and corrected straight to it).

Enjoy the journey

Phil

Hey Even,

Well done & congrats on being ready for your first solo nav. Nothing beats that feeling of doing your first distance flight, on your own. That feeling of really being close to being a pilot is kinds hard to shake off!!!

Love the GPS track too, what a cool education and interest tool to use. Did you use an Iphone for it?

Thanks everyone! It's an exciting time. 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

@Akromaster: Cheers! The aircraft was Inbound Aviation's Jabiru J-160.

@Kyliefil: Thanks Phil! Yeah, I was amazed to see that on the GPS track I could see exactly where my correction was.

@Louis: It was great to go beyond my little local bubble. I will feel like a real pilot when I can actually go places.

The GPS tracker is on my Android phone. It is a free app called My Tracks. I'm sure there is a similar one for iOS. It was fascinating to see the actual tracks at the end - then compare it to the planned ones.

@Brian&Linda: Thanks!!! We'll be able to go places soon! 009_happy.gif.56d1e13d4ca35a447ad034f1ecf7aa58.gif

• Like 3