While the cats away!!

Louis, John didn't send the wife off for a week when he painted the Gazelle on our patio I stayed & helped. In fact I spent 2 years in total helping him & a friend repair & rebuild the Gazelle on the patio & it was the best time ever. We were working on the project & if anything we had a closer bond through it. We are now doing up a 1964 Ford Thunderbird & enjoying that as well. The patio is a mess still cleaning yellow paint off thing from the overspray etc, but hey in the end we have the satifaction of "We did it together & how great it looks. As for the red die on the carpet maybe try soda water & sponge it out with that, I know it works on Soy Sauce. Good luck on the work the pics look fantastic. I thought the stand may have been an IV drip for when the wife comes back LOL.Regards

Sue & John

No doubt the Gazelle is flying beautifully, but John are you....are you sure you'll be able to get the Thunderbird off the ground?

Tara is away until Tuesday so will be manning the reception all weekend long. You going flying? Could do the weekend after for taking you up in the Auster?

I was thinking of going flying, though not really sure if that will work, I probably should work on my house so I can get some renters in it to start paying the bills! But I'm easy... Next weekend I'll probably be picking (I drive for my uncle during cotton harvest season) but don't work Sundays so I could nearly even drop over to Pittsworth after church on Sunday. 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif Doesn't really matter though, whatever, whenever! I'll give you a call sometime and come around and say G'day next time I'm in Toowoomba.

• Like 1

I was thinking of going flying, though not really sure if that will work, I probably should work on my house so I can get some renters in it to start paying the bills! But I'm easy... Next weekend I'll probably be picking (I drive for my uncle during cotton harvest season) but don't work Sundays so I could nearly even drop over to Pittsworth after church on Sunday. 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif Doesn't really matter though, whatever, whenever! I'll give you a call sometime and come around and say G'day next time I'm in Toowoomba.

I hear cotton picking is a long days work! You can keep that job to yourself!!! Sounds like you keep yourself busy, with being a diesel fitter and helping on the farm as well, how do you manage to fit in more flying than the rest of us do!!!! When Tara is home I will be free pretty much any day, so let me know what works for you. Feel free to drop in any time your in town, where at the Ruthven Street Motor Inn, 786 Ruthven St.

Well here is my Auster work for the day, might not look like much but I tell you who ever decided to paint the rudder in checks is being cursed by me at the moment. It took HOURS to mask them out!!!! Still the finish results where worth it and should spruce the old girl up nicely 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

• Like 1

Those brass screws do look like they've been " attacked " before . You're not a boilermaker by any chance are you?

No I'm not, but hey it's an old gauge so I would say it has been opened plenty of times before! (And only one time prior to this overhaul by me augie.gif.8d680d8e3ee1cb0d5cda5fa6ccce3b35.gif)

I hear cotton picking is a long days work! You can keep that job to yourself!!! Sounds like you keep yourself busy, with being a diesel fitter and helping on the farm as well, how do you manage to fit in more flying than the rest of us do!!!!

Yeah the days are big, 16 + hr days, but that's the life of a farmer! Yes keep myself out of mischief, well that's the idea... I doubt I do more flying than the rest of you... just I take every opportunity to do it otherwise it wouldn't happen!

• Like 1

Louis and Tomo,

I might have known you two had a connection ... same cheeky looking faces ... 075_amazon.gif.0882093f126abdba732f442cccc04585.gif

Well done Louis, nice paint job, oh and happy birthday; with all that test gear and skill I might send you my Auster Gauges ... augie.gif.8d680d8e3ee1cb0d5cda5fa6ccce3b35.gif

• Like 1

No doubt the Gazelle is flying beautifully, but John are you....are you sure you'll be able to get the Thunderbird off the ground?

if you seen that plane before john and SUE FIXED IT sue the best go getter john could find neil 114_ban_me_please.gif.0d7635a5d304fa7bdaef6367a02d1a75.gif

Lets all send our crook instruments to Ruthven Street Motor Inn, 786 Ruthven St Toowoomba to be overhauled!

with all that test gear and skill I might send you my Auster Gauges ... augie.gif.8d680d8e3ee1cb0d5cda5fa6ccce3b35.gif

Maybe we should wait and see if the ones I just pulled part actually work again before you go giving me a vote of confidence!!!!

Yeah the days are big, 16 + hr days, but that's the life of a farmer! Yes keep myself out of mischief, well that's the idea... I doubt I do more flying than the rest of you... just I take every opportunity to do it otherwise it wouldn't happen!

16 Hours days, when do you find time to sleep! Looking forward to going fly with you though, no when ever wants to fly with me! (Maybe that is a sign!!!)

Louis and Tomo,I might have known you two had a connection ... same cheeky looking faces ... 075_amazon.gif.0882093f126abdba732f442cccc04585.gif

I just read this comment David, what are you inferring, I am a model citizen at least 20% of the time 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

Storchy, ummmmm you should look into changing your avatar!!!!

Look what came in the mail today! My Smiths Mk20A original RAAF altimeter to help with the originalizing of the Auster panel! It's almost a shame to pull it out of the nice box someone has built for it.

Is reading 2000ft under at the moment, so am about to calibrate it before setting it into the dash. What fun!

He doesn't get time to take the Gazelle up anymore ,which is the reason why it is up for sale. Would prefer it was flying than sitting in the yard. Thank you Neil for the vote of confidence.

Cheers Sue

Louis we had the wings stored in the back family room, Bits & pieces hanging off clothes line (both outside one & John has added 3 lines for the winter on the patio) , plus we had put up a tempory tent behind the gates in the driveway & had bits hanging in there also. As I said it was a great experience for us both.

Louis we had the wings stored in the back family room, Bits & pieces hanging off clothes line (both outside one & John has added 3 lines for the winter on the patio) , plus we had put up a tempory tent behind the gates in the driveway & had bits hanging in there also. As I said it was a great experience for us both.

Sue I'm not that old, I am married so my wife takes financial care of me and I am easy to look after. In other words if your looking for a new child I am open to being adopted by you guys 092_idea.gif.47940f0a63d4c3c507771e6510e944e5.gif

Whats that, your selling the plane. Oh maybe not then poke_tongue_out.gif.5a7d1a1d57bd049bd5fb0f49bf1777a8.gif

• Like 1

Then maybe you should take it of from here as well.

Noticed it is for sale on another site...not advertised here?? LinkGood luck...might sell with those new tail colours...lol..012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

You two guys are the ultimate "plane-spotters". 026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif