First Wingsuit Landing... WOW!

Guest Maj Millard

This bloke is sitting top of the rung on the adventurers' ladder atm, with no doubt !..I mean the potential for serious injury or a very public death was certainly present. All he had to do was miss those boxes, and it was all over rover. It'll certainly take some feat to knock him off his lofty perch. From viewing the aerial footage of his touchdown, he hit the boxes about 2/3 down the 'runway', and certainly didn't need to overshoot.

I'd without hesitation take the opportunity to shake his hand, he's a cutting edge adventurer for sure...super lawndart !!.........................................................Maj...012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif.......045_beg.gif.b05ea876053438dae8f282faacd973d1.gif

Even with the boxes... this took some guts!

Who was the other person flying: was it Winsor since the video comes from the Winsor Family Video Vault?

......and where did the other person land??

Is this correctly "recreational flying"?

Surely it wouldn't be classed as work, would it? From an OHS perspective, is this High Risk Work requiring a Safe Work Method Statement? Was a hazard risk assessment undertaken before the activity?

Pud

• Like 1

Who was the other person flying: was it Winsor since the video comes from the Winsor Family Video Vault?

......and where did the other person land??

No way was it me up there... I could and would never do something like this but have the utmost respect for our Parachute Recreational Flying cousins...

I just shared it from YouTube.

Guest ozzie

He wasn't at full glide potential there, he was high and hot and washing off the excess height. this suit has around 4 t0 1 L/D +

my old out of date 'birdman' can pull 3 to 1 when i hit the sweet spot. my electronic 'altitrack' says my best has been 110 seconds compared to 65 seconds of normal freefall. You can really feel the lift and forward motion and the visuals looking at the ground confirm it. i am going to get a new type altitrack for next summer that has inbuilt GPS that you can overlay on google earth.

Guest Howard Hughes

I must say it was a magnificent stunt and took balls of steel, but still not convinced it's flying (or gliding even).

He wants to be careful he doesn't fall right off the edge of the Earth!022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif