Farri

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

G`Day Bob, 300 mls in 24 hours is just a sprinkle up here! 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif ......Not washed away and still getting my fix of flying, farri style!

Frank.

Ps It was a pleasure having you and Sally here. Fran and I hope to see you here again.

Hey Frank what's going on up there. Have you been washed away , or is 300 mils in 24 hours - "just another day in paradise "Bob

I was wondering the other day where you had got to Frank, 'cos I hadn't seen you on here for a while. So I checked out your profile and you'd been on Friday which was only a day or 2 before. So that was alright then!!

Not long and we will be heading your way come August Frank. Hopefully the weather will be 'youbeaut' in sunny North QLD

Pud

G`Day Pud, No gate and no entry fee to the property,here!Cheers,

Frank.

G'day Frank,

I'll be in touch a couple of weeks before we head off. A couple of guys in the group are mad keen fishermen so expect your brain to be picked clean for good fishing spots!!!

Pud

• Like 1

G'day Frank,I'll be in touch a couple of weeks before we head off. A couple of guys in the group are mad keen fishermen so expect your brain to be picked clean for good fishing spots!!!

Pud

Pud, weather permiting, we may be able to organise a reef fishing trip, with either my son michael in his boat or with me in mine.

To date, this year hasn`t been real good for reef fishing in this area as there have been too few suitable days, however, the weather can only get beter, cause it can`t get much worse.

My sons mate, Ian on the left and Michael with a couple of Spanish Mackerel and my boat in the background.

189802302_micianmacs(Small).jpg.f7baaf43837747bed266f210c7ea8844.jpg

Frank.

• Like 1

Pud, weather permiting, we may be able to organise a reef fishing trip, with either my son michael in his boat or with me in mine.To date, this year hasn`t been real good for reef fishing in this area as there have been too few suitable days, however, the weather can only get beter, cause it can`t get much worse.

My sons mate, Ian on the left and Michael with a couple of Spanish Mackerel and my boat in the background.

[ATTACH=full]17825[/ATTACH]

Frank.

That's what fishing is all about!!

A fishing trip - you'll have a couple of guys grovelling at your feet if that comes off Frank:beg:

Pud

Guest Maj Millard

Hi Bob and Sally, thanks for the heads up on your safe return home. Must have hurt like hell to have to drag yourselfs' out of the Southport Aeroclub finally !!......must have been a real ordeal for you both !.......Can only hope you both are now resting adequetly , and starting to plan your next trip to meet more real pilots..................................Maj...008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Pud, weather permiting, we may be able to organise a reef fishing trip, with either my son michael in his boat or with me in mine.To date, this year hasn`t been real good for reef fishing in this area as there have been too few suitable days, however, the weather can only get beter, cause it can`t get much worse.

[ATTACH=full]17825[/ATTACH]

Frank.

Hey Frank , take Pud to the outer reef , on a moonless night when it's blowin' 30 knots .Then tell him he has to do the first 6 hour "anchor watch" , while you finish off the scotch. You know - like you tried to do with me . See how tough these sandgropers really are . 065_evil_grin.gif.2006e9f40863555e5894f7036698fb5d.gif

Bob

• Like 1

Hey Frank , take Pud to the outer reef , on a moonless night when it's blowin' 30 knots .Then tell him he has to do the first 6 hour "anchor watch" , while you finish off the scotch. You know - like you tried to do with me . See how tough these sandgropers really are . 065_evil_grin.gif.2006e9f40863555e5894f7036698fb5d.gifBob

Hehehehe Bob, now don't go putting ideas into Farri's head like that - I'm sure he's got plenty of ideas all his own.

I'm not real good on a boat either - berley boy they call me:bounce:

Pud

• Like 2

Jeez I like those photos biggles - looks like some good times there.

I think I'll have to break out the ol' 6 string and see if I can still play those 3 chords I used to fumble over:laugh: all those years ago.

Pud

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

G`Day to everyone, I`ve been off line for a while and just got back on.

Hey Bob, Nice photos! You and I sure are a handsome looking pair! 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

Frank.

• Like 1

Hey Bob, I went flying this morning! I thought you might like these photos of " Flying Heaven" !.....Where a Drifter can be flown even in winter! 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

1075592210_Valley.(Small).jpg.6fa46f8debdb21a2fb2c81e47a58ce5c.jpg

1818883014_TheHeads.(Small).jpg.9373f61e01a96f8371cf671dddd05b15.jpg

538282640_Home(Small).jpg.d86649da2f6e139ec614808b27cf9c96.jpg

Fitzroy Island. Off Cairns.

664612397_Fitzroy.(Small).jpg.1e1bab3645d91f486765b5d3080a4c3b.jpg

Frank.

• Like 4

Yes! Thank you David.

I was up there doing my thing and it was such a magic morning, after the week of rain and strong wind we`ve been having that I thought I`d go back down and get the camera. Said camera was in the car, Fran had the car, so I jumped in the ute, went and got the camera, got back up there and took some shots.

In thirty years of flying, I`ve never seen cloud like that,over Fitzroy Island. Unfortunately it was starting to break up by the time I got back up.

If you`ve enjoyed the photos,it was worth my while!

Frank.

• Like 3

Hey Bob, I went flying this morning! I thought you might like these photos of " Flying Heaven" !.Hang on Frank , we're nearly finished packing the car !!

Bob

• Like 1

Franko,

When I get the old Auster going, I want to come up and visit a few of you Northerners, you definitely live in some of the best parts of Oz.

My old Auster would be right at home on your nice grass strip, hell I can approach even slower in the Auster than you can in the Drifter.

Hang on Frank , we're nearly finished packing the car ! Bob

Bob, I`ll make room in the shed for the car and put on extra dinner!

David, You are welcome anytime.

Perfect flying conditions this morning, "Beginners Conditions", anyway! When I finally came in to land, I came in as usual, with plenty of strip ahead of me, got a couple of feet off the ground and thought, why put it down and taxi, so I held off and put it down almost in front of the shed. I was flying for five minutes before I got there. 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

Auster slower than the Drifter! Indeed! 043_duck_for_cover.gif.77707e15ee173cd2f19de72f97e5ca3b.gif

Frank.

40 knots approach speed Frank with full flap on a short field approach. She stall at 24 knots with full flap ... how about that ...

David . If an old fella like me in a Jab 160 can handle Frank's strip ,you'll have no trouble. Where are you Pud , left home yet !!

Bob