Gone Fishing!

farri

This was sent to me by a friend.

Bluey goes to an outdoor show and wins a tinnie.

He brought it home and his wife looks at him and says,

"What you gonna do with that. There’s no water deep enough to

float a boat within 160 Klms of here."

He says, "I won it and I'm gonna keep it."

His brother came over to visit several days later. He sees

the wife and asks where his brother is.

She says, "He's out there in his tinnie",

pointing to the paddock behind the house.

The brother heads out behind the house and sees his

brother in the middle of a paddock sitting in the

tinnie with a fishing rod in his hand ..

He yells out to him, "What are you doing?"

His brother replies, "I'm fishing. What the hell does it look like I'm a doing?"

His brother yells, "It's people like you that give people from Queensland a bad name, making everybody think we're stupid.

If I could swim, I'd come out there and kick your arse!"

Frank.

• Like 1

That's too complicated for us southerners to understand. You haven't got a brother named Ernest, have you Frank?. Nev

Nev, shame on you

Dont you know that you ..must ...talk ....slower ...for ...a ...queens ..lander ...to ...unnerstand

Ask Tommo..........................augie.gif.8d680d8e3ee1cb0d5cda5fa6ccce3b35.gifaugie.gif.346f47c3977a17668982a7a2e09685c9.gif102_wasnt_me.gif.b4992218d6a9d117d3ea68a818d37d57.gif075_amazon.gif.0882093f126abdba732f442cccc04585.gif008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif008_roflmao.gif.1e95c9eb792c8fd2890ba5ff06d4e15c.gif008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

That's too complicated for us southerners to understand. You haven't got a brother named Ernest, have you Frank?. Nev

Yessa Neva, Itsa justa what I thoughta so. Willa try and maka abita mora simple,nexa time.

Frank.

First you talk slower.

Then you talk louder.

Then you wave your hands as you talk.

If they still can't understand, they arn't worth talking to.

And that is how you communicate with anyone South of Queensland.

Says Ryan who only came here for the weather!029_crazy.gif.9816c6ae32645165a9f09f734746de5f.gif

I was at William Creek a few years ago now and had a few drinks with a big, tall stretch of a guy who was working for the National Parks people in the area. He had previously been a squatter in SW Qld and had lots of hours up in Bonanzas and the like.

He told me about one of his neighbours, an older guy who spent nearly his whole life on his station, only occasionally venturing to one of the nearer towns for essentials in his old A36. The neighbour also did a lot of his own mustering in a C172 and was therefore an accomplished pilot although a tad rusty on procedures in CTA.

The old guy decided he would go to Brisbane, the big smoke, for a well-earned holiday; the first in some 20 years. And, of course, he decided to fly there in the Bonanza.

As he was getting close to his destination, and remembering he needed clearance to enter CTA for Archerfield, he gave an entry call to the tower: "A r c h e r f i e l d t o w e r --- A B C ---

a --- B o n a n z a ---- F e r n v a l e ---- 2 5 0 0 --- I n b o u n d --- R e q u e s t --- C l e a r a n c e".

The busy, young and very proficient guy in the tower responded at a rate of 120 words a minute with clearance details.

The old guy didn't get a word of it other than his call sign. "A r c h e r f i e l d --- t o w e r --- A B C --- S a y --- a g a i n"

Zpptttt! The young guy in the tower repeated his instructions.

The old guy called again

"A r c h e r f i e l d --- t o w e r --- A B C --- D o - y o u - h e a r - h o w - s l o w - I - s p e a k - ,

-s o n n e y ?"

"Yes" replied the now somewhat perplexed young controller.

W e l l --- T h a t ' s - h o w s l o w - I - h e a r - , - t o o !!!

I understand he got his clearance, stayed not much more than a day and headed home again. I also gather he had no trouble with the departure clearances.

kaz

• Like 3

I was at William Creek a few years ago now and had a few drinks with a big, tall stretch of a guy who was working for the National Parks people in the area. He had previously been a squatter in SW Qld and had lots of hours up in Bonanzas and the like.He told me about one of his neighbours, an older guy who spent nearly his whole life on his station, only occasionally venturing to one of the nearer towns for essentials in his old A36. The neighbour also did a lot of his own mustering in a C172 and was therefore an accomplished pilot although a tad rusty on procedures in CTA.

The old guy decided he would go to Brisbane, the big smoke, for a well-earned holiday; the first in some 20 years. And, of course, he decided to fly there in the Bonanza.

As he was getting close to his destination, and remembering he needed clearance to enter CTA for Archerfield, he gave an entry call to the tower: "A r c h e r f i e l d t o w e r --- A B C ---

a --- B o n a n z a ---- F e r n v a l e ---- 2 5 0 0 --- I n b o u n d --- R e q u e s t --- C l e a r a n c e".

The busy, young and very proficient guy in the tower responded at a rate of 120 words a minute with clearance details.

The old guy didn't get a word of it other than his call sign. "A r c h e r f i e l d --- t o w e r --- A B C --- S a y --- a g a i n"

Zpptttt! The young guy in the tower repeated his instructions.

The old guy called again

"A r c h e r f i e l d --- t o w e r --- A B C --- D o - y o u - h e a r - h o w - s l o w - I - s p e a k - ,

-s o n n e y ?"

"Yes" replied the now somewhat perplexed young controller.

W e l l --- T h a t ' s - h o w s l o w - I - h e a r - , - t o o !!!

I understand he got his clearance, stayed not much more than a day and headed home again. I also gather he had no trouble with the departure clearances.

kaz

Interesting that Kaz . I had a similar experience a few months ago transitting around/below Townsville airspace . Out of courtesy , I called up the tower to advise that I was a non transponder equipped , RAAus aircraft , located then, between Bluewater Park and South Pinnacle , tracking between Restricted airspace to the West and Controlled airspace to the East , at 2500 , bound for Charters Towers via Starke Field . He then gave a 'jet jockey' reply to which I barely understood , and asked him to repeat . His second attempt was no better , and I decided I had more important things to do ( I was , after all , approaching the " dreaded Pinnacles ") . I indicated that I was having problems receiving him , again repeating my intentions , keeping me well clear of Class C airspace and Restricted airspace to the West . He asked if I could call him when I got to the Towers , and gave me his Mob. No. I did this , and he explained that all he wanted was for me to repeat , verbatim , precisely what he had said . I indicated to him that I was an old man , who talks slow and thinks the same way ( I can imagine what he thought about that , 'an old man in his airspace ' ) , and that perhaps he should consider this in future , to which he agreed , saying nobody had told him that before . Interestingly , he also indicated that he had'nt heard of Starke Field before , yet it is clearly marked on the VTC , in his area of responsibility . His manner was courteous at all times , and we parted good mates . I do seem to recall the good Major saying some weeks prior , that it was probably not necessary to call the Tower - " wise words Maj." .

Bob