Broome flying

Hello all. Richard from Broome in the Kimberley Beechcraft bonanza flyer ,happy to assist anyone requiring info on flying in the area. And accomodation in Broome free were i can help. Oh you may have to mow the lawns :)

• Like 4

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif and thanks for your willingness to help others that may be thinking of coming your way...hope you don't have "acres" of lawns though
  • Like 1

Hello all. Richard from Broome in the Kimberley Beechcraft bonanza flyer ,happy to assist anyone requiring info on flying in the area. And accomodation in Broome free were i can help. Oh you may have to mow the lawns :)

G'day Richard and welcome,

It's always nice to see another West Aussie on the forums here.

Pud

Hi Richard, welcome, I've flown into Broome once but I was in the back being served drinks... I loved the fact that the airport is smack bang in the middle of town. Saw some trikes there as well. Would love to take a flight around the area, I was only there for 2 days for work, had a quick look for an aero club to see if I could squeeze in a flight but alas...

Thanks Pud ,it always surprises me that this is one of the most beautiful places in the world to fly ,,,yet no flying clubs ,,very sad :{

I think it's a numbers thing Richard. Even down south here around Perth the Rec Flying type clubs are few and far between. That's not to say they are not successful, just not a lot around.

Pud

Hi Richard, we are just looking into the feasibility of doing a Brisbane Darwin, down the WA coast to Broome and then across the centre back to Brisbane. Depending on how things work out, we may only do Bris-Darwin-Bris.

You may not have seen my other post for any suggestions for an airfield near Darwin for a RAA pilot. Any suggestions for that one? Somewhere a hire car could be arranged.

Hi Bob ,,thats an easy one YMKT this is were the Top end flying club operate from ,I kept my bonanza there for some time,club memebers are great people and you will most likely get a lift into Darwin ,which is only 15 miuntes away YMone.

• Like 2

Here is some pictorial proof of Broom Flying: [ATTACH=full]18350[/ATTACH]Seriously though, I hope you get lots of people flying TO Broome (not on a Broom) 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

That guy is gonna fall off the wire if he's not careful. What are the emergency services like in Broome I wonder....

Pud

That guy is gonna fall off the wire if he's not careful. What are the emergency services like in Broome I wonder....Pud

I hope the Flying Doctors will fly to Broome, he'll need it if he hurts himself.

G'day Richard. Will be up in the Kimberley next month, but at the other end in Kununurra. Have got two weeks at the Sub Centre with St John Ambulance as a vollie Advanced Ambulance Care Officer. I have not ventured beyond Fitzroy Crossing, so am looking forward to some new experiences, though hopefully the ambulance ones are at the mundane end of the scale!!

Have happy memories flying through Broome in 1976 when it had a permanent population of 1500, and if you wanted a drink you could chance your luck and try the Roebuck, or if you wanted to go a bit up market give the Conti a go . I have heard that things have changed a bit since then.

If you statrt a flight in Broome I imagine you would be happy to have the 160 Kts cruise that the Bonanza gives. What do you have to pay to put a litre of Avgas into her?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Richard:welcome: to the forums.......lovely to have you on board..............MMmmmmm Broome buzzin' in a Bonanza.......yes please 029_crazy.gif.9816c6ae32645165a9f09f734746de5f.gif............Alley:babe: Fly and Keep Safe

Thanks Alley. I have to pinch myself sometimes having all this in my backyard ,,i thnik a motor glider would be a better way to go

G'day Richard. Will be up in the Kimberley next month, but at the other end in Kununurra. Have got two weeks at the Sub Centre with St John Ambulance as a vollie Advanced Ambulance Care Officer. I have not ventured beyond Fitzroy Crossing, so am looking forward to some new experiences, though hopefully the ambulance ones are at the mundane end of the scale!!Have happy memories flying through Broome in 1976 when it had a permanent population of 1500, and if you wanted a drink you could chance your luck and try the Roebuck, or if you wanted to go a bit up market give the Conti a go . I have heard that things

have changed a bit since then.

Hi oh yes Broome has changed but not that much. Population is around 15000 and expands to 60000 in the tourist season .Head over there its well worth the effort

If you statrt a flight in Broome I imagine you would be happy to have the 160 Kts cruise that the Bonanza gives. What do you have to pay to put a litre of Avgas into her?

Richard, you are another typical example of how fantastic folks are in WA, I spent 4 years in Newman and was amazed at the fantastic attitude and can do approach, I built he airstrip and hanges at the Capricorn Roadhouse. Welcome !

Thankyou ok never been to the Capricorn roadhouse. Will habe a look

Hi Richard and thank you for your friendship and generosity towards fellow flyers.

Regards

Kaz

• 4 years later...

Hi Richard....Im planning to fly from Serpentine to the Kimberley in late July... Its the bucket list thing! Ill be flying a GA aircraft and will have a mate coming as copilot. There's possibly another coming in his Jabiru. Would love to have a chat about recommended flights for maximum impact (maybe not good choice of wording!!)...cheers Martin