Petition to save Aldinga airfield.

I wish this had happened to save the Wallan air strip. I'm just on the other side of the highway from it but I'd be practically be living at an airfield if it was still there :(. Don't let them develop it like they did with wallan!

Ak

• Like 1

only 976/10,000 signatures so far (i'm #976) ... Pete, do you have other ways to get this around to a wider audience such as Facebook or twitter? Is it up on other aviation forums?

good luck, I hope they make it!

• Like 1

only 976/10,000 signatures so far (i'm #976) ... Pete, do you have other ways to get this around to a wider audience such as Facebook or twitter? Is it up on other aviation forums?good luck, I hope they make it!

Adelaide Biplanes on Facebook has a link to the petition and I have it on my Facebook page. All my 18 friends have signed. Not many I know but every little bit helps. (I refuse to go public on Facebook, too many nutters). Many thanks for the suggestion.

This development is really distressing. Don't know the objectors but it would be interesting to know how long they've lived there, and I'd bet the airfield pre-dates them. As a senior instructor at Murray Bridge I take my nav students to Aldinga because it forces them to think about avoiding C airspace LL 2500 over the ridge. Great coffee and cake from Gaylene too!

This is the other reason I fly interstate friends into Aldinga - great welcome, good service, nice aero club ambience, beautiful aircraft to watch in the circuit from the verandah, clean washrooms, all on a sight seeing tour of the Fleurieu Peninsula on our way to Cape Jervis, Victor Harbor, Pt Elliot, Goolwa, Murray Mouth, Lakes and return to Murray Bridge. It brings them back as tourists later because they've seen such an abundance of landscapes including Kangaroo Island across Backstairs Passage. It is truly world beating stuff.

This kind of petty mindedness would close down attractions like Steamranger, or the river boats at Goolwa wharf because of noise, whistles blowing, fire danger, crowds, accidents waiting to happen at level crossings - you get my point.....

Aldinga Airfield is a credit to the local community, employing people, attracting visitors who spend, training pilots, creating real colour and vibrancy with joyflights in the biplanes. Many of my non-flying friends drop in there for a coffee on their way south for the day because it is so unique compared with the usual cafe by the roadside. I think it's also an RFDS transfer airfield for ambulances to Flinders Hospital due to its sealed strip. Unsure of this though.

I might write to council separately now that I've got fired up! I've heard on the grapevine that one objector is a former commercial captain or similar. If true, the objection is even more appalling. Sign the petition and write to council and your local member.

• Like 1

We used to have a shack at aldinga on the cliffs that the government removed.... Great beach, dry inland. Hope they won't close the airfield because I'd be wanting to land there once I get my x country...

Like all coast regions, eventually the land becomes prime target for developers as Adelaide grows...

• Like 1

Hi Guys, I singed the petition for Aldinga....did my 1st training nav there 2yrs ago to fly down to a AWPA meet...beautiful spot, hate to see such a wonderful airfield being "Eyed" off by either greedy developers or people that just don't like A/C.....my two bobs worth............Alley

• Like 1